Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Only had a quick look earlier, now I've had some time to read it through...

I don't think epees have much longer reach than regular longswords, probably more or less the same.

I think the 2h bladed weapons(2h sword/axe) have greater crit damage multipliers than the blunt 2h weapons (maul/chain). The blunt weapons just have greater AP power and higher base damage (and the fact most glads using blunt weapons are dunders) so they do much more consistent good damage against all opponents. But take out the armor mitigation factor I think a 2h sword or axe can do higher crit damage to its base, but just lacks the consistency of the blunt 2h weapons when it comes to damage.
    Of course, blunt weapons tend to do more effects such as knock downs, whilst a crit from a bladed 2h weapon tend to cause more effects such as sending your opponent into shock and unable to react following a hit.
    That's my observations, but of course, I'm not the most well-versed 2h weapon user either.

I agree the chained variety of the heavy weapons, flail and chain&ball, all have pretty high fumble rates, so whilst they have the heaviest base damage in game and can swing around shields and are great against armor, they are also just as likely to tangle yourself or drop out of your hands, especially when facing against a fast opponent.

Hatchets do get deflected somewhat against heavy armor, sure the guys in BG can use them, but the guys in BG can smash walls with their fists.
    For regular guys in the regular arena, I'd say hammer and up is a safer bet if you want anti-armor weapons.
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 08-17-2014 at 11:16 PM.