When putting on your game designers hat for these kinds of games, something you have to keep in mind when coming up with ideas is you have to think of two things: Fun and monetization. All fun and no monetization means a game goes out of business because it doesn't keep the lights on and feed its creators. No fun and all monetization means the game goes out of business because nobody plays it. Keep these two things in mind when adding and removing features.

All negative comments should be accompanied with a solution and solutions should be accompanied with details. This is a pretty good tenant to follow for game design. For example, if you are not happy with 5v5 fights, why not? What would make you happy? You want team-play strats? What do you mean? What kinds? How would they work?

I'm actually quite surprised at the somewhat low interest in this sort of idea thus far. Personally, I think it would leaps and bounds more interesting then the same 1v1 fights over and over again. If it turns out everyone is mostly happy with the status quo though, that's cool. Perhaps I'll leave things be and focus on something else. I'll give everyone time to chime in before making any final decision.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-