Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Level 18 2nd fighting style - Whirlwind... i missed what it does on this one can someone post it when they get it?

The flavor text when picked is "I wanna see you turn the guy into chunks of meat small enough for a stew! "

So am thinking this one is more offensivily focused then Shadow Dance
    Last edited by Cynaidh; 01-23-2015 at 05:51 AM.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Sounds like something that would focus on quantity of attacks as opposed to quality, reminds me of Berserk strat from rage tree, but this is all speculation on my end, don't have the Shadow upgrade yet
    ~Frostee~

Stable: Frostee Fyre-

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

~Regular Gladiator, HoL Gladiator, Retired Gladiator~

The concern I have with the ultra-speed shadow build is how that glad is going to fare against counter-attacking theatrics. I suspect not very well...

I am intrigued with the endurance-draining build idea though...certainly something new.

And one more thing: does anyone know the name and theme of the third school that Nate is developing? I'd like to start preparing some spots for those guys as well.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by FrosteeFyre View Post
    Sounds like something that would focus on quantity of attacks as opposed to quality, reminds me of Berserk strat from rage tree, but this is all speculation on my end, don't have the Shadow upgrade yet
    Yup that is what it appears to be, i think i like shadow dance better for my starting trigger, and then maybe using whirlwind when the opponent is on the ground or stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    The concern I have with the ultra-speed shadow build is how that glad is going to fare against counter-attacking theatrics. I suspect not very well...

I am intrigued with the endurance-draining build idea though...certainly something new.

And one more thing: does anyone know the name and theme of the third school that Nate is developing? I'd like to start preparing some spots for those guys as well.
    That is a match up i am looking forward to seeing, i think it will do better then a rage due to all the defensive skills the shadow has, i am guessing a lot of the counter attacks will miss (due to shadow dance fighting style, uncanny dodge, and shadowform) and of course if you take the riposte skill, you can counter attack their counter attack!

The drain build does looks very interesting, i have started a 2nd shadow who has less agility but more pres and chi then my first shadow to try it out myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    That is a match up i am looking forward to seeing, i think it will do better then a rage due to all the defensive skills the shadow has, i am guessing a lot of the counter attacks will miss (due to shadow dance fighting style, uncanny dodge, and shadowform) and of course if you take the riposte skill, you can counter attack their counter attack!

The drain build does looks very interesting, i have started a 2nd shadow who has less agility but more pres and chi then my first shadow to try it out myself.
    I came across Zynaith while i was on my counterattack Theatrics yesterday and thought of this.
    Normally I would have avoided a fight with one of that record, but made the challenge so you could see the counter attack theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Seventhunderz View Post
    I came across Zynaith while i was on my counterattack Theatrics yesterday and thought of this.
    Normally I would have avoided a fight with one of that record, but made the challenge so you could see the counter attack theory.
    He wont have those skills till 40's bit young yet

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    In the time of the old Arms & Armour tree there was a skill in the theatrics tree that drained the opponent stamina. There was a defensive gladiator named Chuck Norris run by Pirate Booty stable with strategy based around draining the opponent stamina. His matches were entertainment to see because they were very different style from any other gladiator in the arena. Its one of the top builds all time in terms of originality in my opinion although it didn't dominate the arena (but was very close in winning one of the blood games - old style blood games, one month long).

Judging from the performance of the Tavern pests, Spectral Touch drains huge amount of endurance. Just lost around 50 points against some lvl 55 daemon. Seems like it's percentage-based.

I just did a gauntlet run and Unholy Guardian (260 Endurance) got knocked down about 70 points with each spectral touch! Definitely supports your theory Kreegan.
    Stable: Stormcloak
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)