Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nate, I've come to really appreciate your responsiveness to this community and your commitment to constantly improving the experience for the users. Thanks for switching the training point limit to 40 (though I would have preferred 50 since additional fight tokens found or won can easily push one beyond the 40 per day).

As for the conquests changes, I think expanding the pool of potential glads to team with is brilliant since that was a legitimate problem for people who didn't have well-developed friends/allies lists.

But the new cool-down change will certainly make things more difficult at the "Nightmare" level. I've tried nearly a hundred different team iterations over the last months and honestly, there are probably less than a dozen glads in blood gods that are "elite" enough to help get my team consistently through a nightmare run (And there are some builds that simply "don't work" in the conquests game very well at all). You'd need at least four of those "elite" glads on your team to stand a reasonable chance. Of those, a handful are "unique" - like Ahhnold (a rage with 3000+ hp and 170+ stamina for those multi-round conquest battles).

It is, of course, your prerogative to change things as you see fit. Just expressing that the reality is it's only worth doing a Nightmare run if you have the right team...otherwise you'll likely not succeed and end up wasting your time. My suspicion is that this may result in managers getting frustrated with the minimal results for the investment of time and start being less involved in conquests...which I assume isn't the result you want. Even with an optimized team, typically only 5 of the 8 teams I'd run would finish a nightmare run. And then out of those 5, I'd usually find one or two orange pieces. And I'd almost always sell those pieces as they rarely matched my build strategy. That's why I started doing conquest runs less lately - the time cost for the return wasn't as compelling as before. And now with these new cool-down changes...

Just my thoughts...
    Last edited by Adoede; 04-12-2014 at 10:42 AM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin