The three-kingdoms-style of gameplay for Blood Gods certainly looks very promising... are the patrons going to give their teams any unique fighting-bonuses too?
It's possible, something small maybe as to not unbalance things.

Now this sounds interesting! Do we have any background info on any of our sacred, beloved gods?
I'm a one man team ladies and gentlemen (albeit an awesome one if I do say so myself), but even I have limits...so you first get functionality, lore second. I have part of it finished but didn't want to delay the update.

EDIT: Poop, bride's maid it is...
@sotc: yeah... but...but... No bueno for me :'(
You'll need to explain yourself a bit better here so I can better understand what you are unhappy about. Not sure why you think it matters what team you were placed on regarding being a Bride's maid or not. Just because a particular gladiator is on your team doesn't mean you can't finish with a better record and higher rating than them.

I agree with that apoc, not battling everyone makes it less fun for me. It seems that I make up about 42% of the Tagro-Zul faction. Seems that Crown Clown, Mid Boss and Gurren Lagann pull down the ratings Amon, Belca and Yukimaru give to that faction. Maybe it's time to reinvent them abit

Ill give this a shot before saying that this sucks though as some of the glads I lost to are among the followers of the greatest and most powerfull blood god Tagro-Zul! But also a good chunk of the ones I won from (including my own glads that gave me both losses and wins against my own glads)
Same as Apoc, you'll need to better explain your unhappiness so I can understand it. From what I can tell it sounds like you are unhappy because you will no longer fight you own gladiators which strikes me as odd. Everyone still fights 2/3 of the field and for most this change means you won't be fighting your own gladiators anymore which is something I thought you would be happy about. So there appears to be some sort of misunderstanding or disconnect as to what it is you would like and what it is I think you would like. I'm more than happy this season or next season to randomly assign gladiators to patron gods ignoring stable and player affiliations. I did it the way I did it because I though that is what you would like more. Later on down the road I may allow players to choose the patron Blood God of their choice, but for starters I felt this the best option.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-