At first i used a trident for my theatrics glad..no shield though since he wasn't going to go defensive. The trouble with a shield is that sometimes you will shieldbash instead of doing a mainhand attack and shieldbashes afaik do very little damage. I would toss the shield and just use the trident or add a dagger or a claw to the offhand

I used an 8/6 rating for my trident and it worked very well. My suggestion would be the following:

Toss the shield unless your going defensive. if your going to make a defensive theatrics then you can stop reading now

set your fighting style as follow (For a trident and nothing else)

start off combat/standby Activity 8 Bloodlust 6. Lunge Aim anywhere defend anything (usually where your def is the lowest)
When opponent is on the ground. Activity 1 Bloodlust 10 (they usually get up fast but if they don't...WHAM!) aim Head defend anywhere
When im slightly tired/moderately tired Activity 2 Bloodlust 10 (hit less often but harder to conserve endurance) aim Head defend anywhere

hope this helps. Also works fine for a dual claws altough i changed the bloodlust to 8 for the strategy 1 slot for claws