Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So we have all seen the mega damage inflicted upon Lords Fury by Kharn this morning. For those who wish for yet another gruesome slo-mo instant replay..here it is.

KHARN runs frantically around LORDS FURY.
    KHARN leaps forward viciously pummeling LORDS FURY with his HEROIC GREAT AXE.
    LORDS FURY
    KHARN
    0/1406
    306/923
    87/96
    45/57
    Prone
    prone
    Attack Power
    Attack Power
    Number of Attacks
    34%

LORDS FURY backs up a few inches as KHARN descends upon him! (-Shock & Awe-)
    Huge slash to the forehead removes LORDS FURY's scalp and the top portion of his skull...probably took a few memories as well! (+1072 Damage)
    Wow....looks even worse in slo-mo. However looks can be deceiving, Lords Fury got up and walked away on his own and turned down any medical assistance.

Now, for the matter at hand...Titanic damage and just how is it being produced.

Kharn is very strong but he is not the strongest, he is not anywhere near being overly big, he doesn't use a mega power weapon for his rank but does have high Chi and does have a pretty good skill set build...but still has lots of points to go to really top those skills off.
    So exactly where is the power coming from..and is it a bit to much power.

Let's break down this beatdown.

Moments before the hit from hell, we saw Lords Fury do ...THIS!

LORDS FURY readies a strike from the ground.
    LORDS FURY raises his EPIC HALBERD overhead and viciously slices at KHARN.
    LORDS FURY
    KHARN
    822/1406
    306/923
    90/96

49/57
    Prone
    prone
    Attack Power
    Attack Power
    Number of Attacks
    34%

The blow to KHARN's tricep lands with magnificent force! (+386 Damage)
    • Possible Serious Injury

KHARN's arm might never fully heal!!! *** Serious Injury ***
    KHARN pauses for a moment to catch his breath.
    KHARN tries to give up!!!
    So Kharn now has a serious injury to his arm which I believe in the instant reply we saw him using to hold his 2 handed weapon. We also see Kharn with just 1/3 of his health left and trying to give up, and he is actually beginning to get tired.

We now move forward again to witness the powershot of the century to Lords Fury noggin.

KHARN lets forth the roar of a lion and prepares to leave it all on the sands! (-Last Stand-)
    KHARN runs frantically around LORDS FURY.
    KHARN leaps forward viciously pummeling LORDS FURY with his HEROIC GREAT AXE.
    LORDS FURY
    KHARN
    0/1406
    306/923
    87/96
    45/57
    Prone
    prone
    Attack Power
    Attack Power
    Number of Attacks
    34%

LORDS FURY backs up a few inches as KHARN descends upon him! (-Shock & Awe-)
    I don't think we need to witness the devastation again.

So he did not hit an injury, he did not set off Rampage which increases damage, he did not get the skill of blood drunk neither since Fury still had more then half his health left as well as being nearly fresh as Mike Tyson after laying out Tony Tubbs.

So did it come from Last Stand or Shock and Awe? Or both.......well Last Stand states that is does not increase power at all..just health and Endurance...so it can't be from that ( so we are told). So it must be coming from Shock and Awe..yes? We do not get to see what Kharns shock value is on Lords Fury since the hit ended the fight...but Kharns skill is not all to high in Shock and Awe..so I cannot believe it allows such damage to multiply from it.

So as my piss and moan segment comes to end...I would love to know where this titanic power comes from in Rage's....I'm just not seeing how it generates at the end of the fights once Last Stand kicks in....how are the becoming doubly stronger then when they start fresh in a fight.

And as Apoca1ypse mentions this was not done vs puny leather ..it did connect on medium armor.
    Last edited by Team Kaos; 08-18-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS