Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Training Dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythion View Post
    It's just as foolish to blame all differences between men and women on gender bias as it is to blame them all on biological differences.
    I don't blame anything on anything - not even saying that possible differences would be bias, biological or whatever. What I am saying is - if you want to do differences make them cultural (e.g. fighting styles) rather than "biological" – or based in “traits” (as suggested in a previous post where someone suggested men women should not be as able to have as high strength/stamina (or what it was) but instead have high agility/presence).

Anyway, having female gladiators be statistically different than male gladiators would add more variety to the game, which is a good thing.
    Sure

I also think you are making some BIG leaps in concluding that the ability to have female characters will disuade female players. I don't think male only options is a more welcoming environment to female players at all. I also know both my and my friend's wife would be more willing to play the game if they could make a female gladiator.
    I think you have misunderstood me gravely - I do not conclude any such thing. If you see my first comment I say YAY to female characters. Probably all my gladiators would be female if I had the option even. What I am saying is that if a game give in to views such as "women are weaker than men" and such it might dissuade at least some female players (and I guess men as well).

As long as you don't have Caesary or Evony style ads, I'm fine with it.
    Agreed

Stable Servant
    Sorry for misunderstanding