Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Stable Servant
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    Ok, as I suspected, the title of this thread should really be "I want to buy COP items for gold only".
    No, it shouldn't have. Snideness doesn't suit you.

I'm not privy to the game's balance sheet, but I'm sure the economics of free-to-play games are such that there must be a cash shop and there must be a reason for it otherwise players wouldn't spend money supporting the game and then the devs wouldn't eat leading to the game closing shortly thereafter. In order to offer gold only items in the COP and still make sure enough of them are purchased with real money the gold only price would have to be high enough that paying players don't use that option very often which would then lead to free players being priced out of the market or it taking so long they are grumpy about it.
    First off, to clarify, I'm not one of those "free players." I'm also well aware of the FTP market, and its trends. I'm not suggesting that buying trophies stops giving a noticable benefit. The item markup could be set high enough to ensure that's not the case. Perhaps the COP items for gold only was priced too low?

My point is simply that there is no reason to get excited about getting a lot of gold in this game, and there's very little interesting decisions to make. For instance, if gold is maintenance only, you don't have to decide whom to equip, or if its better to heal a wound or save up for items. I imagine this is especially true for those who don't pay and can't have more than a few purps for their stable. It's an area that should be looked into improving. The suggestion the allow blues and purples to be purchased for heavily inflated prices is a possible way. I'm sure there could be others as well. Perhaps temporary bonuses for spent gold?

Those chump change free trophies you mentioned that you get everyday start to add up and allow the free player to purchase items from the COP albeit probably not as fast or as often as they would like, but that is probably the point. Most everything in this game that costs trophies is a time vs money trade-off which I think is a pretty good mechanic.
    Trophies are not the issue. That mechanic is fine. It will need to be kept in balance so they are still valuable, of course. But right now gold is boring, even if it eventually begins to regain some of its value due to spiking maintenance fees.

I have to agree with crow & Dainoji in the last two days alone i have burnt 30k just in repairing res'ing etc at higher levels the prices far outway what you earn in a day so gold has a lot of relevance. It may not seem that way currently, but as the game is still developing you never know what else nate will implement in the future to make you feel it has more play in game.
    Last edited by Fio Bellum; 05-10-2011 at 05:53 PM.

sad to say... i cannot even afford 1 trip to the temple to heal the injuries of my gladiator...

to me gold is the most scarce commodity. i barly earn enough gold to maitain my armor. if i need to ressurect a gladiator that offset that ballance, and i need to wait to repair his armor. i do not have enough gold to heal wounds, i dont have enough gold to spend throphies in the chamber of power, i dont dare to fight the arena challenges atm because i dont got the gold to fix the extra armor damage. I got 4 gladiators stuck on byrd of prey and 1 stuck on trunks. ive lost countless amounts of gold in armor repair and ressurection fees trying to beat those.

As the game evolves there will be more and more places to find and use gold. If only I had 10 of me, then it would all be ready tomorrow!

-Nate-

If only I had 10 of me, then it would all be ready tomorrow!
    So what your saying is in 10 days everything will be up and running?
    I'm holding you to it Nate......
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS