Like all skills, it seems that some fighters like it more (and use it more and to better effect) than others. I have run a few Rage warriors; running two now. Both will use Kill Shot when Last Stand has been triggered, but only one will consistantly hit with tons of damage. The other may trigger, but still gets pounded on anyway, or only does mediocre damage. What are the factors that cause one Rage warrior to generally have success with KS, and another to generally fail when using this tactic? Is it luck? Race? Armor? Agility? The enemy's fighting style? Activity level? The enemy's activity level? Kill Desire? Well, yeah, probably all those things and a few dozen others I haven't thought of. I tinker with my strategies all the time, and I take note what strategies my fighters prefer and what they don't. I then capitalize on just those that they prefer. I wasted a lot of skills figuring that out! For instance, if I have Barreling Attack at level 3 and the fighter rarely uses it, I know that I shouldn't waste skills on it. If I have Feint at level two and my fighter ALWAYS uses this in the first or second minute, I know I have to pump this strategy as much as possible, as SOON as possible, because it's something this fighter prefers. I don't actually know WHY or HOW this happens, I just recognize it and act on it. For what this is worth, my opinion is that you just try it at level 2 and set it to trigger right after Last Stand (it's almost never going to happen otherwise). It should be set at WHEN I AM SERIOUSLY WOUNDED, and I would run activity 4 or 5 and Kill Desire at 10. See what happens. BTW, higher activity levels do take away from the damage Kill Shot doles out.