Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kill Shot

Kill Shot

Just wanted to ask a few of the other managers about this fight style. I have been trying this all sorts of ways, and can not seem to get it to work. I have noticed that beserk hits much harder than this style and of course much more often. Does anyone out there have any good uses for it. Seems to me to be a very poor fighting style. I'm open to advice and suggestions on this. Let me know what y'all think.
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

I use it with my two-handed rage as my stratagy 4 for when my glad is about to quit (last stand fires off right before this i have found). Can see it as below, that's a Kill Shot attack.

EL STUPIDO gets stepped on as he tries to stand!
    HUUSE picks himself up off the ground!
    >> HUUSE SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 4
    HUUSE moves with uncontrolled energy around the arena.
    HUUSE looks to destroy his opponent with his SOULWOOD SLEDGE HAMMER.
    HUUSE looks to seriously damage EL STUPIDO's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
    Internal organs are mashed by the beastly shot! (+1086 Damage)

Now with duel wield rage it doesn't seem to work, or at least not for me, i end up not attacking, not sure what the difference is between the two.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

killshot is pretty bad. the only use I have for it is with a 2H rage Last Stand. set a strategy of 10/10 Killshot "when my health is really low" so that you get a killshot swing off a Last Stand proc.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

agree.. on dw kill shot is fail, lost some fights before realised it, when enemy was on low health was switching to killshot for kills, and lost fights for that realy big minus in iniciative

I tested using only kill shot on different activity levels and bloodlusts.. then did the same with with beserk. Beserk hit consistantly harder and of course way more often. Did find that it did cause more knockdowns though. Also it did slow down the counter striking theatrics a bit.
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

Logical, as counterstrikers seems to get additional attacks in function of the number of attacks you make (which makes them the perfect nemesis for Berserkers). If you use Killshot you attack less so give them less additional attacks...

If only Killshot damage was significantly higher compared to Berserk or if Killshot offered some defense, that could be worth it...
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Quote Originally Posted by crow View Post
    I tested using only kill shot on different activity levels and bloodlusts.. then did the same with with beserk. Beserk hit consistantly harder and of course way more often. Did find that it did cause more knockdowns though. Also it did slow down the counter striking theatrics a bit.
    KS only has applications against counterstrikers. it's pretty naff otherwise. if a theatrics is well set, running KS still wont help. (that or i'm doing something wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by Narol View Post
    If only Killshot damage was significantly higher compared to Berserk or if Killshot offered some defense, that could be worth it...
    2H KS only swings once every 1-3 and even if the damage was doubled I doubt i'd use it because Create Distance is too much of a boogeyman.

As for giving defense, it'd have to give a buttload to make up for the paper thin armor...
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

Btw, It doesn't make sense for me that Create Distance doesn't work when you are in Berserk or Killshot strategy... The chance of success should be based on your strenght and intellect only, not on your defensive power as it's not a parry but another form of defense...
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

If you're using an offensive strategy, you wont use a defensive ability. hence CD is pointless for rage, but Feint is good.

think of it this way; if a guy is going off his nut on drugs and simply wants to F you up without care for himself, he isnt going to bother dodging. 'zerk is like that. your glad wants to demolish his opponent w/o care for himself.

Kill shot is similar in that you try to 1 hit your opponent into oblivion, which is still highly aggressive, but because you're not a completely rabid retard, you're going to have some self preservation instinct. CD does in fact trigger on the odd occasion when using kill shot, but not often enough to make it viable. Also this is a rager we're talking about, where they do fall into the batsh!t crazy category and dont care for themselves, only blood and glory.

Killshot is killing more than berserk . I'm currently testing Killshot 1/10 to see if Sedris can score consistant 2k hits.
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death