effects of being prone

Does anyone know what effects prone has on a gladiator?

Possible scenarios are according to logic's sake (the game is kind of based upon logic but not always true):
    1. Reduced damage/hit (due to less swing range): from experience (7glads of different classes levels from 7-25) from observation my gladiators or the opponent doesn't seem to suffer any damage reduction when prone.
    2. Reduced hit counts/round (due to less maneuverability): I haven't really spot much of a difference either.

So what I want to know (if there is any) is the negative effects of being prone.

Only class that might benefit from opponent being prone is war with "death from above" skill (which from observation isn't that much damage difference when using pole arms, still trying out DW blades). Though from observation the damage difference is about 3-5% (lvl 7) which is kinda low if it is supposed to be a unique class skill.

I would like to invite more experienced masters to help me figure out if there are really any benefits from putting other gladiators down.

Thank you in advanced.

Veteran Master
    You're right with #2 but it's defined better as "Reduced Initiative while prone".
    TEAM DEATHBLOW
    Sammael The Undisputed Blood God Champion
    Ela The Critic
    Ivory The Unmerciful
    Lillith The Unforgiving
    Krak The Butcher
    &
    VINDICATORS
    BANKRUPT

yup putting 2handed weapon using war's on their back can get them down to attacking every other round or every 3rd round, its highly effective against them.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Veteran Master
    Surprisingly I've found that my glad Ela doesn't really care much for fighting from the ground with her Staff, she still hits often and hard.
    TEAM DEATHBLOW
    Sammael The Undisputed Blood God Champion
    Ela The Critic
    Ivory The Unmerciful
    Lillith The Unforgiving
    Krak The Butcher
    &
    VINDICATORS
    BANKRUPT

Being prone reduces the number of attacks you get, it's a pretty big deal and can often times mean the difference between a win and a loss.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

I see ... But I guess at level 25 and under the effect isn't big enough to notice (or can cause a lose)

thank you for your responses.