Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trying to parry nightmare is a good option?

With my dual wielding swords War Im finding quite difficult to beat him. He's always outhiting me both in frequency and damage. I tried puting more activity to try to gain the initiative but still remains the same.

Most of the time I end up being close to dead. My 2H War stats are 89/82/74/84/73/84/76 (including boosts from equipments) and I usually use lunge or parry-lunge. AL and BL level are generally around 5~7 (if that can help) and I only have the basic fighting styles along with parry and tank.

ETA: The moment when I finally defeated Panzer...
    Last edited by Dire Ray; 04-13-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Nigthmare is really a pain in the ass xD. All battles were easy victories till him. I try going very agressive, defensive, high-low activity or/and bloodlust and still all combats are still the same. He hits a lot more and harder than I do.

I have just beaten him with my first gladiator after been stucked there for a week or more. I was losing the battle but I had a lucky strike in the head and knocked him out xD. At least my strategy of aiming for the head served me this time haha.

Hope my theatrics snivler has the same luck or its gonna take long to beat that beast xD

Nightmare is quite the beast, once you're past him, only general kain MIGHT(and I really mean MIGHT) pose some trouble.

The other tiers might make you want to have never been born tho =/ imagine the second challenge of tier 2 being a way stronger version of nightmare

Now, for beating nightmare, hitting either more often, or harder than him will do it. You can also tank him down, should you have unreasonable amounts of stamina :P.
    Owner of the Raginghunters stable

KILL! MAIM! BURN!

The problem was that even at 10 activity he outhitted my glads in terms on frequency despite they have both decent agility and ussually hitting a lot in arena battles. I think it could be for using medium armor against his light one.

Tanking wasnt an option for me because neither of my glads is a great tank and he killed them a lot before using up his endurance.

The point is also that my glad still have no skills. Just some weapon ones. Hope that when I start to build skills (that would be soon I hope if I reach that danm 10 :P) they are more prepared for this hard challanges hehe.

unless weapon skill is 10, you dont want to go above 6 or 8 activity/bloodlust.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Quote Originally Posted by Apoca1ypse View Post
    unless weapon skill is 10, you dont want to go above 6 or 8 activity/bloodlust.
    I dont use to. In fact (and I find it funny xD) I exactly use 6 for my war and 8 for my theatrics standard activity. But vs Nigthmare I tried everything because with my default tactic he simply crushed my glads.

Anyway both would be 10 in a week or so I hope

From today:
    R O U N D 1
    >> NIGHTMARE SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    >> TACTICS TRAINER SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    TACTICS TRAINER goes for a wicked slashing attack.
    TACTICS TRAINER's attack lands on NIGHTMARE's upper back creating beastly damage! (+70 Damage)
    • Bleeding: 5 health per round
    • Possible Disarm

NIGHTMARE screams in agony as the strike causes him to drop his weapon!
    TACTICS TRAINER jumps and hops around NIGHTMARE.
    TACTICS TRAINER charges at NIGHTMARE and attempts to injure her enemy.
    Women in the audience giggle at the unimpressive hit to NIGHTMARE's mouth. (+16 Damage)
    NIGHTMARE hopes for a crushing shot with his FIST.
    A pitiful wound is opened on TACTICS TRAINER's torso. (+6 Damage)
    R O U N D 2
    NIGHTMARE's wounds continue to bleed!!!
    TACTICS TRAINER flies right at her adversary.
    TACTICS TRAINER makes an off handed attack.
    TACTICS TRAINER jabs at NIGHTMARE with her CRAFTED DIRK.
    Someone from the crowd screams as NIGHTMARE is hit in the forearm! (+33 Damage)
    • Attack Power: -10 (4 rounds)

NIGHTMARE has minor cuts and bruises on his body!
    TACTICS TRAINER bounces and skips around NIGHTMARE.
    TACTICS TRAINER executes a devastating slash with her FIENDISH BASTARD SWORD.
    Vicious slash severs NIGHTMARE's left ear making hearing a bitch! (+90 Damage)
    TACTICS TRAINER seeks to cut through NIGHTMARE.
    Mighty slash rips a chunk out of NIGHTMARE's right leg! (+93 Damage)
    NIGHTMARE has some pretty nasty cuts and bruises on his body!!
    NIGHTMARE strikes out with his FIST and overextends himself.
    The strike merely grazes the defender's knee. (+14 Damage)
    R O U N D 3
    Open wounds continue to bleed on NIGHTMARE's body!!!
    TACTICS TRAINER sneaks in an off handed strike.
    TACTICS TRAINER's CRAFTED DIRK lashes weakly at NIGHTMARE.
    Minor slash along NIGHTMARE's lower back. (+1 Damage)
    TACTICS TRAINER's FIENDISH BASTARD SWORD hacks at NIGHTMARE with unbridled rage.
    TACTICS TRAINER smiles after the beastly hit to NIGHTMARE's upper arm! (+118 Damage)
    • Bleeding: 14 health per round

NIGHTMARE can't take much more of this beating!!!
    TACTICS TRAINER tries to slice NIGHTMARE.
    TACTICS TRAINER's FIENDISH BASTARD SWORD connects with NIGHTMARE's shoulder blade causing towering damage! (+73 Damage)
    • Possible Serious Injury

NIGHTMARE's body is going to need a lot of work!!! *** Serious Injury ***
    TACTICS TRAINER places a heavy foot upon NIGHTMARE's dead body in the center of the arena for all to see!

TT- lvl19;warrior;trug;main hand sword 1.45;off-hand sword 4.2; slash AL 10 BL 8;skills Blade 9 and lucky disarm
    forgot it:aiming torso
    Last edited by Pit Lord; 04-17-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Skull Reaver destroys me. The guide doesn't help at all against Skull Reaver because it just says he "bashes around" and is quite easy.

I have fought him twice and both times he has started out immediately landing Sunder Armor, and then he proceeds to attack me repeatedly with very high damage. Both fights lasted 25-40 seconds...

I don't get it; I'm supposed to be faster than him. Theatrics glad with 79 agility and 70 stamina who dual wields falchions, how can he be faster than me?

What should I do?

The agility difference isn't large besides that your Falchions have a speed of 1.45, His weapons are a flail of 1.45 speed and his fist which is 3 speed.
    Fists are also counted as weapons and when you are only wielding a one-handed weapon this means you are wielding that one handed weapon and a weapon of a speed of 3, this makes him faster than you.

Either try switching strategies abit (higher activity etc.), wield one falchion instead of 2 just for that fight (who knows it might just work ) or wait untill your gladiator gets more points spent into his skills/gets new gear.