Juggernaut too soon

I've gotten several gladiators to Juggernaut but seem to be getting they there too quickly (too low a level).
    At levels 17&18 I'm getting to Juggernaut, when I try to use challenge, I find most every gladiator on the list has AT LEAST 5 levels on me.
    What do I need to do t be a higher level before I get to Juggernaut?
    Is there a way to get EXP other than Tavern and Arena?

Level is arbitrary, don't worry too much, a good lvl20 glad can certainly defeat bad lvl30 ones.
    You will rise in arena bracket until you meet equal or better opponents, that can be wherever.

I'm actually trying to figure out how ranking is determined. It seems like every time I'm about to break into the top ten of my current bracket 'DING' I get shoved into the next one and stuffed back at the bottom of the pile. The last two times this happened I hadn't even broken into the top 30. What gives?

My advice to you would be to take it easy on the arena fights and work on tavern training. Lvl doesn't matter nearly as much as skills do at that point in the game.
    ....... /\/ orth Point
    ....../,,,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Gladiatorial Academies
    ..../,,,,,,,,\
    ../S o u t h\ Point

Thanks. I was told I couldn't just train at the tavern until I was comfortable with my Gladiators skills and stats so I'd been trying just to get to the top of what ever bracket I was in. Ended up getting myself into a spot were every one is like ten levels higher then me and armed with MUCH better gear. lol. Trying really hard to get my weapon skill to lvl 8 at the moment and feeling like I'm pouring water down the drain watching all those skill points get wasted. I'd retrain a new glad and see just how long I could get away with keeping to just the tavern, but for like the last two weeks the slave market hasn't had anything even close to worth the six to seven hundred gold they're asking for it.