Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    yeah I need to process the stuff from when the changes came into effect and then another at the end of this month. havnt had time yet
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Yup should be interesting

I also find the blood games interesting in that even with the buff, the highest rage is in spot 7, and its a power rage not a speed rage.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

I also find the blood games interesting in that even with the buff, the highest rage is in spot 7, and its a power rage not a speed rage.
    The blood games are something else entirely. In the bloodgames you design strats to take out the one opponet for your next fight, in the arena you need a generic strat that beats most possible gladiators.
    And possibly others feeel like i do. I just dont care about the arena game at all any longer. I grind through my fights to get the skill points, then I prepare for next days blood games.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

personally I'm working or wargh getting some kudos at the top of the arena. he's not advanced enough for the blood games.

blood games are cool, but really it only caters to the top 20 glads imo.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

blood games are cool, but really it only caters to the top 20 glads imo.
    thats totally true, and thats why i promoted the idea of doing blood game type of events for the lower brackets instead of the insane amount of arena fights.
    The demand for rapid development came when more managers wanted to join the blood games and thought it unfair that only the veteran managers could join. Speeding up the development will not help that situation anyway. One blood game will never have room for everyone, and it will always be a limited amount of gladiators that actually can win that one game.
    The reason that everyone wants to join the blood games is of course a combinations of the prizes and what i think its the ultimate challenge for gladiator dueling, pitting your strat againts 1 other strat.
    Why not let everyone actually have a chance to experience that and not just an endless row of random fights in th arena.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Veteran Master
    I know that my end game will be to have a competitive gladiator in the arena who can hold his/her own against all others, it's quite a broad goal and I'm sure it encompasses almost all of the other stable masters in the game.
    My point is that as there is one competition and one competition only and it's only accessible for the best of the best gladiators this just wont hold up over time.

More managers will come with more good glads and more glads reaching the Primus bracket until we get to the point where even the glads in Primus wont be guaranteed entry into the Blood Games.

It's a race against the clock to develop something new and exciting to either slow down the charge to the top or make it more exciting just to be on the journey.
    TEAM DEATHBLOW
    Sammael The Undisputed Blood God Champion
    Ela The Critic
    Ivory The Unmerciful
    Lillith The Unforgiving
    Krak The Butcher
    &
    VINDICATORS
    BANKRUPT

Quote Originally Posted by oedi View Post
    thats totally true, and thats why i promoted the idea of doing blood game type of events for the lower brackets instead of the insane amount of arena fights.
    The demand for rapid development came when more managers wanted to join the blood games and thought it unfair that only the veteran managers could join. Speeding up the development will not help that situation anyway. One blood game will never have room for everyone, and it will always be a limited amount of gladiators that actually can win that one game.
    The reason that everyone wants to join the blood games is of course a combinations of the prizes and what i think its the ultimate challenge for gladiator dueling, pitting your strat againts 1 other strat.
    Why not let everyone actually have a chance to experience that and not just an endless row of random fights in th arena.

Nonsense and very short sighted to say the least! The only reason the top 20 or 30 glads are dominating the blood games right now is because they are level 50 or close to it, it's not like they have some kind if secret magic keeping the top spots for themselves, and of course there will be a limited number of gladiators that can win an that limit is currently set at 10 per the blood game's rules. Once the rest of the pack hits the mid 40s to 50s it's anyone's game, so to say it caters to the top 20 simply isn't true, it might be true right now, but it won't be true in the near future. Very soon the bulk of the gladiators in the blood games will all be equal in terms of level and skill points and at that point it's anyone's to win and will be A LOT more fun and exciting. For players not running 100 teams the current pace is great and allows new players to get to the end game in a reasonable amount of time which is good for everyone. Also in my opinion by not diluting the tournament experience and having them at the lower levels it gives players a carrot to chase and something to strive for and look forward to.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by BlkTmplr View Post
    I know that my end game will be to have a competitive gladiator in the arena who can hold his/her own against all others, it's quite a broad goal and I'm sure it encompasses almost all of the other stable masters in the game.
    My point is that as there is one competition and one competition only and it's only accessible for the best of the best gladiators this just wont hold up over time.

More managers will come with more good glads and more glads reaching the Primus bracket until we get to the point where even the glads in Primus wont be guaranteed entry into the Blood Games.

It's a race against the clock to develop something new and exciting to either slow down the charge to the top or make it more exciting just to be on the journey.
    You're making a lot of assumptions, the biggest being that the amount of gladiators allowed into the blood games will remain fixed and I'm pretty sure Nate has said as time goes by he'll open it up to more and more gladiators. The second assumption is everyone thinks like you do. I don't think there is only one competition, I find the arena to be very competitive and enjoyable, I also find the arena challenges to be competitive in regards to seeing where other gladiators of similar level are. You are also assuming that the game is never going to expand with new content, new competitions, etc.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Veteran Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    You're making a lot of assumptions, the biggest being that the amount of gladiators allowed into the blood games will remain fixed and I'm pretty sure Nate has said as time goes by he'll open it up to more and more gladiators. The second assumption is everyone thinks like you do. I don't think there is only one competition, I find the arena to be very competitive and enjoyable, I also find the arena challenges to be competitive in regards to seeing where other gladiators of similar level are. You are also assuming that the game is never going to expand with new content, new competitions, etc.
    Yeah I agree they were assumptions that other people think as I do.

My point was more that the game needs to expand and I know it is, just that the rate of expansion has to match the charge of the stable masters as such.
    TEAM DEATHBLOW
    Sammael The Undisputed Blood God Champion
    Ela The Critic
    Ivory The Unmerciful
    Lillith The Unforgiving
    Krak The Butcher
    &
    VINDICATORS
    BANKRUPT

I agree with Dainoji, the Blood games are gonna be even more interesting and challenging when more glads will have reached level 50 and completed their skill trees..

Many promising young glads are climbing the brackets fast and will soon be competitive against the current primus stars, it's only a question of time before their supremacy becomes really contested by newer warriors !

Take a look in the rearviewmirror at Varuk, for example, he's not even level 30 and already in the Maximus Bracket with an impressive 82% W/L ratio !!
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss