Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran Master
    Well, after almost 24hrs since the update I've just gotta say wow... It's a struggle to finish everything in 2 stables... OCD sucks!
    TEAM DEATHBLOW
    Sammael The Undisputed Blood God Champion
    Ela The Critic
    Ivory The Unmerciful
    Lillith The Unforgiving
    Krak The Butcher
    &
    VINDICATORS
    BANKRUPT

Hell I like it so much I started a 3rd stable! for 13 glads: doing 10 tavern fights each, 3 arena fights, 1 arena challenge, figuring out where to put all those skill points, repairing gear, adjusting strategies from skill gains took me a total of 50 minutes this morning while i ate breakfast, now granted i only skim the tavern fights, but I don't think its too much of a time investment yet. I figure I'll have another hour after work going over the fights my guys/gals get challenged to during the day and knocking out another round of 10 tavern fights and 2 arena fights per each glad.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Aspiring Master
    Thanks for the concerns.

Managed to sleep on it for a few hours and decided I'm dropping Bankrupt and Deep Hurting. I'm keeping the other 2 experimental teams for now to play around with some weird stuff I was doing with them, but they are not that active in the first place as neither of them initiates fights. I totally understand your logic Dainoji, and there might be 100 guys waiting to take my place, but I just can't justify spending any more money on the game as it currently is if I cannot keep up. I'll have to give this part some more thought too but my early thoughts are to sell all my glads on the dying teams so as not to let them wither away and die a slow death of injuries and equipment damage.
    Manager of :
    Deep Hurting (Retired until further notice)
    Bankrupt (Semi-retired): The Wall
    Skull Battalion: Big Bertha, Bloodguzzler, Captain Victory
    Sandbaggers (Semi-retired): Masque

Damn Warmonger I really hope you reconsider, I have had some epic battles against your glads, I think about half of Gypsy's kills are against my guys

I actually think this will lead to me spending LESS money in this game, like you I also like to bump up a new glads weapon skill to 5 and some secondary skills to 2 or 3 when i start a new glad, but with the new amount of training points I don't really see the need to spend that anymore as I made new glads yesterday and they are already at 5 weapon skill, with 1 skill point in 4 secondary skills in two days! If anything I think this will free me from hanging on to some older glads that i should have replaced a long time ago but that just had enough skills that i thought i had too much time invested in them. Time for even more experimenting! one of the glads i started yesterday is a size 90! Ok'ish other stats but with the new system I can give it a try for a couple of weeks and have a good grasp on if its a keeper or not!

Veteran Master
    I'm tempted to run a stable just on tavern fights now *deep in thought*.
    TEAM DEATHBLOW
    Sammael The Undisputed Blood God Champion
    Ela The Critic
    Ivory The Unmerciful
    Lillith The Unforgiving
    Krak The Butcher
    &
    VINDICATORS
    BANKRUPT

Aspiring Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkTmplr View Post
    I'm tempted to run a stable just on tavern fights now *deep in thought*.
    It has been an interesting experiment. A guy who I decided to do this with halfway into his life had maxed out weapon skill without buying any at level 8 or 9. I've since created new warriors specifically to try this. The theory is that I keep them moving up the ranks as slow as possible to minimize hitting the wall and build up their skills as much as possible. One is level 3 and at 7.3 weapon skill. He's had 4 career fights. Only 2 until the new system went in then he got 2 more. Another is at 8.5 at level 5 with 12 career fights.

Is it worth all the trouble? I don't know. They are certainly beasts and when I bust them out on a favorable black market day (i.e. wins and kills help) they decimate the competition and when they randomly match up with people they are pulling a 92% winning record. But they are all obviously still very short on experience.
    Manager of :
    Deep Hurting (Retired until further notice)
    Bankrupt (Semi-retired): The Wall
    Skull Battalion: Big Bertha, Bloodguzzler, Captain Victory
    Sandbaggers (Semi-retired): Masque

well that's interesting.... Never considered doing that with a glad, i can see how it would work though, I have several warriors that are too high up in the ranks for their skill level, so by doing this you could front load a glad and then come out of no where and fly up the ranks when you where ready to unleash them, or save them for if we ever get tournaments for other then max level glads (I loved that part of duelmasters, rookies tourney for the win!!!)

I would like to say that Warmongers comment mirrors my own thoughts exactly, and i would like to add just one thing to this.

The faster things evolve, the shorter the life span.

And i think a good solution wouldve been to not speed things up, but given us blood games or similar tournaments for lower brackets. That way it wouldnt be the same NEED for everyone to rush it to the top. We wouldve had equally fun and fierce competition on every step of the way.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

I totally with Oedi and the multiple tourneys for different brackets!

But in addition to that what about having two arena's a slow and fast, fast with the new fight/tavern system, and slow one with the old system or even slower, let managers choose which arena they want their teams to move to. That way people who only want to play 2 or 3 times a week or prefer a slower game can have stables in it, and the people who want to be on everyday and have a constantly changing upper bracket can manage teams in the faster arena. I know I'd probably have teams in both myself.

The slow arena could also have slightly different rules like allowing tavern fights accrue for up to 4 days, that way the people who play 2 times a week or so would be able to be completely effective.

Anyway just an idea, why not make both sides happy.

Oh you all are so cute. If you think Nate and I haven't thought about your scheming ways of just running Tavern fights and overloading a gladiator, you are putting far too little confidence in us.