Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Free Citizen
    New update improves time able to spend in a game and with that I'm happy. Now I'd like to see some change in Slave Market, 'cause I'm getting tired of waiting on a good/worthy slave. Spent 11 trophies on finding a decent one, no success. Most of them would cost me 830-870 and have inferior stats
    Stables: Boob Babes, Greek Wargods
    Current Gladiators: Lysanna, Milaii, Morella, Hysminai, Kaylee
    Former Gladiators: Yullian, Lennard

Stable Servant
    just gotta say that the new stuff is really cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ochrasy View Post
    just gotta say that the new stuff is really cool
    Awesome, glad you guys are enjoying the extra activity. We really aimed to give you guys more stuff to do, so it puts a smile on our faces to see that we have achieved our goal.

yea this update dramatically increased the speed of the game. started a new glad today and already have 4.3 weapon skill. to get to where the vets are it's only going to take 2-3 months now.
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

Aspiring Master
    I'm a little concerned about this. It's a BIG jump. And yeah we dont' have to use all the chances, but we didn't before and I still made sure I did everything everyday. I will likely drop a team or two, as this will become unmanageable as I have 4 teams and 19 warriors at the moment. My crazy OCD obsessed self will feel compelled to use all my arena and tavern fights every day.
    Manager of :
    Deep Hurting (Retired until further notice)
    Bankrupt (Semi-retired): The Wall
    Skull Battalion: Big Bertha, Bloodguzzler, Captain Victory
    Sandbaggers (Semi-retired): Masque

Veteran Master
    I'm with you there War, I can't leave anything undone but still only running one stable for the moment. This change is great for people who are attached to their one main stable.
    TEAM DEATHBLOW
    Sammael The Undisputed Blood God Champion
    Ela The Critic
    Ivory The Unmerciful
    Lillith The Unforgiving
    Krak The Butcher
    &
    VINDICATORS
    BANKRUPT

@Warmonger

I kinda like it because of that reason actually. it discourages multiple stables per manager by turning the game into work lol.
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

Aspiring Master
    2nd caine point

Aspiring Master
    Gonna hold off until I'm thinking a bit more clearly, a death in the family today (Though not an unexpected one), it's 2AM here, and I'm not thinking clearly but my gut is telling me to go cold turkey. I know myself well enough to know I will sink in far too much time.

I do hope I don't come off as sounding like sour grapes, but I'm thinking this is an error. When everyone can max out much faster it takes out a lot of the in-between levels buying of equipment, skills, and stats. I also tend to spend trophies on buying the first 2 skills levels for guys because they are cheap. Or if a guy is lose to a new skill tier I might drop some trophies to get him there instantly so I don't have a wait a few more days. But when I'm earning so many skill points a day I'm much less likely to have an "impulse buy" moment and drop $5 or $20 on some trophies to slightly tweak some guy. People who max out quick might grow bored quicker. Or get frustrated when their newly minted max skill warrior can't cut it with the other top people and quit. It just seems like too big a change in one shot. Then again in the age of everyone playing maxed out endgame people in MMOs I might be totally wrong. I've played RPG games for a LONG time and for me the fun is more getting there then when I finally max out. That's when I personally tend to lose interest.
    Manager of :
    Deep Hurting (Retired until further notice)
    Bankrupt (Semi-retired): The Wall
    Skull Battalion: Big Bertha, Bloodguzzler, Captain Victory
    Sandbaggers (Semi-retired): Masque

@Warmonger: Sorry to hear about your loss, even when a death is known it doesn't make it much easier.

Personally the old speed felt much too slow for me and many of my friends and as a result the upper brackets were populated by something silly like only 10 managers. I see this change as a major step in the right direction to grow the game and get a lot more people involved especially at the upper levels. I also see the opposite happening if a player reaches the end and is unhappy with their gladiator, they'll just start a new one because they know it won't take a year to get to the end. As far as enjoying the journey and not just focusing on the destination, it's not like you can go 0 to 50 in 3 days. It is still going to take some time, just less than you are used to, but more than enough to still enjoy the journey if that is what you are after. Plus, the end game is a totally different animal with the blood games and with the influx of all the new gladiators in the coming months I bet the tournaments are going to be intense, unpredictable and exciting! I think we're going to see a lot more activity, a lot more players, a lot more gladiators, a lot more competition and a lot more fun all around. If you are worried it will be too big of a time sink then just drop down the number of gladiators you are managing.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris