Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    You guys are focusing on one matchup speed rage vs defensive war. How are your speed rages doing against theatrics?
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

speed vs. defensive war is fine the matchup with defensive theatrics is about 5% rage 95% theatrics currently
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

it's true. the few theatrics glads up top are feasting on speed rage
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

The last Wargh vs Eruption fight was hilarious. Wargh seems to be totally outclassed stats-wise and with nearly twice less health but manages to win against a heavily armoured opponent with just a minor bruise. 12 attacks (one of them dealing over 500 damage!) in 21 seconds against... 1. I too have the impression that the higher level Rages are a bit over the top when it comes to amount of attacks and defense penetration.

I don't know anymore to be honest, one thing to me is clear is we have 60% of the glads in primus are rage gladiators, so there isn't going to be balance right now cause we have so many of one type at the top.

Right now it breaks down to me that, and take for granted this is just my opinion:

Rage beats war
    theatrics beats rage
    war beats theatrics <-- well not sure about this one, but would make it nice if its true

And then you can break it down even more

Speed rage beat defensive war (if they use broadsword or heavier in main hand, if not they loose to bounces)
    Speed rage loose to two-handed last stand war <-- this is a guess, we currently don't have one in primus, but if a last stand war can take the initiative from a speed rage then in theory they could 2-3 shot them in last stand attacks I know my war that i am doing this style in gets 3 attacks if he hasn't attacked yet that round when last stand goes off. looking forward to Tourach and my guy Zmash getting up there with some new gear to see how they do!
    Speed rage equal to speed offensive theatrics
    Speed rage loose to defensive theatrics
    Speed rage beat Power Rage
    Power rage tie defensive war
    Power rage beat last stand war <-- i think power rages will have a high enough hit point pool to do it
    Power rage loose to speed offensive theatrics
    Power rage beat defensive theatrics

So if that is correct (and that's a big if) then speed rages are doing so well due to just a lack of glads who have the correct style to beat them in primus currently.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    I Speed rage loose to two-handed last stand war <-- this is a guess, we currently don't have one in primus, but if a last stand war can take the initiative from a speed rage then in theory they could 2-3 shot them in last stand attacks I know my war that i am doing this style in gets 3 attacks if he hasn't attacked yet that round when last stand goes off. looking forward to Tourach and my guy Zmash getting up there with some new gear to see how they do!
    My Glad Shikii has 8 skill points in Last Stand so he is also counted into this group :P
    He's currently 26yj on the Maximus Ladder so that's 1 spot away from Zmash :P
    It's high time I give him some new armor though....xD

with the abundance of rage in general, good speed ragers are going to have more favorable outcomes and therefore move up the ranks. I know my poor 2H boys have been getting nothing but losses as the new wave of DW speed rage shoot past them in the rankings
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Nice Prinny! I have high hopes for this style vs speed rages should be fun once we get them up there

Stable Servant
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    I too have the impression that the higher level Rages are a bit over the top when it comes to amount of attacks and defense penetration.
    how are they over the top? isnt the whole goal to be better then the rest?
    Stable Name: Mercinaries
    Gladiators: Selene, Kitara

Keera's legacy, lives on in our victories

Actually they aren't over the top at this very moment

Number 1 spot is a duel weilding War <-- i want to call him offensive
    Number 2 spot is a defensive Theatrics
    Number 3 spot is a speed rage
    Number 4 spot is a speed rage
    Number 5 spot is a duel weilding defensive war
    Number 6 spot is a speed rage
    Number 7 spot is a two handed defensive war
    Number 8 - 10 are all Power Rages

Now since primas is 19% war, 25% Theatrics, 56% rage basically shows its all fairly balanced right now, I'd say, when you just look at it rage vs war vs theatrics, Theatrics are under represented some but there is a theatrics at spots 11 and 14 that are moving up i think.

Its almost time for Oedi and Apoc's monthly summarys on how the top glads are doing, am looking forward to seeing them this month lots of changes.
    Last edited by Cynaidh; 02-26-2012 at 07:11 AM.