Quote Originally Posted by BlkTmplr View Post
I know that my end game will be to have a competitive gladiator in the arena who can hold his/her own against all others, it's quite a broad goal and I'm sure it encompasses almost all of the other stable masters in the game.
My point is that as there is one competition and one competition only and it's only accessible for the best of the best gladiators this just wont hold up over time.

More managers will come with more good glads and more glads reaching the Primus bracket until we get to the point where even the glads in Primus wont be guaranteed entry into the Blood Games.

It's a race against the clock to develop something new and exciting to either slow down the charge to the top or make it more exciting just to be on the journey.
You're making a lot of assumptions, the biggest being that the amount of gladiators allowed into the blood games will remain fixed and I'm pretty sure Nate has said as time goes by he'll open it up to more and more gladiators. The second assumption is everyone thinks like you do. I don't think there is only one competition, I find the arena to be very competitive and enjoyable, I also find the arena challenges to be competitive in regards to seeing where other gladiators of similar level are. You are also assuming that the game is never going to expand with new content, new competitions, etc.