Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Last month, as I was already struggling to repair my purple gears and heal my wounds, I made the decision to invest in Armoury level 6 instead of buying better purple armor gears for my warriors and I don't regret it as I make more money now than before the update, enough to pay all repairs and healing (and achievements ) and even have money left to buy a few green armor gears that are better than my outdated purple ones !

In fact, it's probably the best long-term strategic decision I made for my stable and I recommend everyone who can afford to do so if this money problem is not solved..
    You hit it on the head, if you plan on running around in all purples, the best long term decision for your stable is to upgrade the armory. Personally I find it to be a bargain and an easy decision to make seeing as it works on all your gladiators forever. I'm only on level 5/6 and I rarely have gold problems.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Free Citizen
    I dont see why people are losing more money due to the faster progress maybe it is just because it higher ends there are so few glads that you fight each other too much just give it time guys let all the people who are up and coming get up there then you will start making bank like me 45k gold and no clue what to do with it dont spend hardly any on repair costs yet so im looking to just stockpile as much as possible.

Thoughts on new format:

Arena Coins: I like that extra can be stored, but with only a 3hr roll over, it makes arena fights feel like tavern runs and really drops the glamor imo. I would personally like to see them recharge every 6 hours instead, and be able to store up to 12 (3 days worth)

20 tavern runs: i like the extra training points it yeilds, but i would prefer it set at 10 as currently it feels too much like a grind. if it was changed to 10, you could do all your runs in 1 sitting (with 50 energy) which isnt too time consuming.

50 energy: I like this a lot. lets me do a bunch of tavern runs and a good chunk of pit fights later on. If tavern runs got dropped to 10, i would like energy to remain unchanged because it keeps session time convenient.

note: I think buying extra energy should be changed to a complete recharge. makes buying them worth it, especially for 50 energy and you want to dominate the pit

other stuff:

Bastard Swords: I think the fix went the wrong way. it's damage is less than a gladius, even though it's speed is much less. Personally I would have left them with their big hits and armor penetration (as a big ass sword should) but reduce their swing rate (again, as you'd expect from a huge sword)

2H rage: early days after going away, but after glancing at the ladder, it seems like they are still having issues. need more time to do a stat test on it though, especially because of the racial changes occurring at the same time.

edit: regarding 2H rage, I think the changes are a positive step towards making them competitive, but I think that the answer lies in the weapon itself. increasing the stat bonus so that it is on par with the bonus yielded by 2 single hand weapons. maybe upping damage a little to match or at least get closer to the damage output of 2 weapons is an option too. this gets balanced by having slow-ass initiative and still being up poop creek if you miss.
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 02-15-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Well, I don't remember who predicted that DW rages would dominate after the nerf on Hamstring, but he was right !

Delta and Prey are now number 1 and 2 in the Primus arena and they are both DW Rage... Maybe the nerf on Hamstring was un-needed and could be reversed ?
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

part of why DW rage is so abundant at the top is because it's the most played style by a huge margin. wait at least a month to see what's what.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

Did you people have to fight against much stronger gladiators before the change? My guys keep being put against opponents who are 3-12 levels stronger and this doesn't always end well. Today I found that my level 19 was killed overnight by a level 31 in a not-so-fair duel (in which my gladiator was fighting with Death Sickness due to another death from a higher level fighter yesterday). Such matching could trigger a pretty long lose-death-lose-death chain for the lower level gladiators.

Veteran Master
    It's normal.
    TEAM DEATHBLOW
    Sammael The Undisputed Blood God Champion
    Ela The Critic
    Ivory The Unmerciful
    Lillith The Unforgiving
    Krak The Butcher
    &
    VINDICATORS
    BANKRUPT

it's normal. awesome low level glads are on the same points as crappy high lvl glads. it's the health difference that makes it tough.

The increased speed is perfect for a quicker progress. I was bored to wait before this update...
    Too bad the slave market does not refresh more than once a day

yea its looking like an rage nerf is appropriate. as much as i hate to say it speedrage is just strictly outperforming the opposition unless your build takes advantage on speed rage builds i.e. Echo/Ormgar. lets be honest hear prey using a dagger/gladius shouldent be able to take apart eruption likes she's been doing. Eruption is probably the highest defense gladiator in the pits currently. like when solstice was the top and speed theatrics were the build to make. i can see the same thing happening to speed rages.
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death