Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oedi View Post
    I would like to say that Warmongers comment mirrors my own thoughts exactly, and i would like to add just one thing to this.

The faster things evolve, the shorter the life span.

And i think a good solution wouldve been to not speed things up, but given us blood games or similar tournaments for lower brackets. That way it wouldnt be the same NEED for everyone to rush it to the top. We wouldve had equally fun and fierce competition on every step of the way.
    This is assuming that the game does not evolve at all. Nate and I have many things planned for you guys in the future, some in the VERY near future, some in the not so distant future, and some that are several months off.

One of the things we are aiming to create in the coming months is a more living a breathing world with more PVE, more powerful items, ways to make your items more powerful, and ever expanding the depth to which you guys already enjoy from PoW.

Change can always be resisted. Trust us when we say that we have more new and exciting things planned for you guys.

Have had this system for a little while now but already dislike it.
    Things have been sped up to much.

Comparison?

Before: 2 arena tokens a day - Now: 8 tokens a day.
    Before: 5 Tavenr quests a day - Now: 20 Quests a day
    Equipment goes down extremely fast now aswell which is annoying to keep up with.
    Same goed for injuries, they add up extremely fast now even if you have a maxed out doctor.

I feel like it wouldve been better to have only doubled things instead of quadrupled

One of the things we are aiming to create in the coming months is a more living a breathing world with more PVE, more powerful items, ways to make your items more powerful, and ever expanding the depth to which you guys already enjoy from PoW.
    Interesting 0.o
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

i like the new changes. my war gladiator is about to get last stand level 10 in 3 days total. currently at 9.9. so it took 2 days to get to 9.9 with less than 10% for the better half of it. ^_^
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

I did plan a long speach but, after a while i decided to cut straight to the bone a make a short line that capture my feeling on how the game presents itself to me now.

``an endless grind with one single moment of exitement each day.``

To much just takes out the exitement of everything, even skill trains are boring. With 28 new skill trains the next day nothing really matters, you couldve just given us maxed out gladiators to play with.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Aye, it seems too fast. I feel a bit like a cheater now, after my top gladiator achieved about 20 victories in 2 days just because (well, supposedly) I managed to rush his training before the other people caught up with the changes. I mean - he had a very good win-lose ratio before but now...
    Anyway, 4 fight tokens and 10 tavern missions per day sounds much more fun. If faster training is the aim, why not just unlock the Spa/Training Yard/Legendary Trainer (and of course make them cost gold, not trophies )?

8 arena fights a day might be a bit much in a years time we would be looking at 2920 fights. the 20 taverns a day is neat tho ^_^
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

The new amount of fights and taverns is cool with me, just more fights to read, one thing i would suggest is the points spread between brackets needs to be adjusted, the glads i made on the day these changes went in are already in Veterans bracket, so they are almost going threw 2 brackets per day, i'd say you could almost double if not triple the amount of points need to advance to the next bracket, looks like double'ing it would put the current top warriors in pit lords, plenty of room for everyone to grow then
    Last edited by Cynaidh; 02-11-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Stable Servant
    it's true, we just gotta understand the new pace of the game, but I think in "allgemeine" it's been a good change til now

I'm sorry for the few people who had to drop some teams due to the new pace of the game... Personnally with only 2 teams I struggle to get all my tavern/Arena fights made in time so I completely understand their problem...

However, the fact that the most addict players of the game had to multiply teams to fill their day of PoW is the best proof that a faster pace was needed and it makes more sense to have more things to do with each team than to have to create new teams to enjoy more fights !!!

Another very good aspect of the change, it's gonna erase fast the HUGE ADVANTAGE that the early discoverers of the game had and that allowed them to trust most places in the top brackets... Now the fight for the first places has become open to everyone and a new talented warrior has a chance to come challenge the old maxed glads in only a few months of training..

I even wouldn't be surprised to see some fast climbing young gladiators like Belgarad or Varqus already come challenge the old stars for victory in this Blood Games or the next, bringing some fresh air to this competition that has been so far quite a private club of a few trainers !

Adapt fast or die, it's that cruel... The bubble of slow evolution has busted and we're all out of our confort zone, but hell yeah it's an exciting new era that is starting for PoW and I wait each new day of fighting with impatience !
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss