Thread: 2H rage

2H rage

So can someone please explain to me why a 2H rage gladiator would rather attack with his fist, as oppposed to his weapon that he spent all that time on to get to level 10, not just for the first attack, but also his second, finally swinging his slow ass weapon on his third attack before dying like an idiot, very frustrating, and I don't get it. Of course soemone will explain to me that on every attack there is some chance to use the un-equipped off hand, but going back over a few fights this to happen to frequently, if he's not using his weapon it's a huge disadvantage.

Veteran Master
    Sorry but this did make me chuckle a little bit, it seems your glad has a rebellious attitude and refuses to obey his stable master when told to use his weapon. Perhaps you should give him a knuckle duster on his off hand just to make it more effective.

But seriously, I have no idea.
    TEAM DEATHBLOW
    Sammael The Undisputed Blood God Champion
    Ela The Critic
    Ivory The Unmerciful
    Lillith The Unforgiving
    Krak The Butcher
    &
    VINDICATORS
    BANKRUPT

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob View Post
    So can someone please explain to me why a 2H rage gladiator would rather attack with his fist, as oppposed to his weapon that he spent all that time on to get to level 10, not just for the first attack, but also his second, finally swinging his slow ass weapon on his third attack before dying like an idiot, very frustrating, and I don't get it. Of course soemone will explain to me that on every attack there is some chance to use the un-equipped off hand, but going back over a few fights this to happen to frequently, if he's not using his weapon it's a huge disadvantage.
    Hey SilentBob, Thanks for the post. This isn't a bug, but will be addressed in the future when the next balancing pass is made. The chance of a gladiator attacking with their off hand while using a two handed weapon is very small (something like 5%) and is meant to simulate the case where in fights sometimes swinging a long weapon isn't possible, but many players have been vocal about this giving them a disadvantage and have asked it to be changed, so it has been added to the balancing todo list. I'll post an announcement when the balancing pass is done and live.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

i <3 you nate (completely platonic of course :P)
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Yeah, wrong thread position aside, I had a fight where the dude seriously threw four punches in a row and then lost, go figure...
    ZIGGLIN' CAPACITY AT MAXIMUM.
    brace for impact.