Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outclassed

Aspiring Master
    Also have you invested in Signature Move? Mine often disarms opponents and it's pretty hard to total parry when you have no weapon.

Aspiring Master
    O' and as far as I can tell Called Shot increases the chances to hit the location you're aiming for, it does not increase your changes to hit. Athleticism, tier 4 War school does that.

Lightbulb

Kaos,
    Between your two Theatrics gladiators, you have a total of 3 trains in Brute Force, and 2 trains in Feint (yeah, I burned 3 trophies for the scouting reports). So basically neither of your two are trained in the necessary skills to be a tank buster. You need to train skills that help you overcome a Total Parry's defense. I'm the top gladiator in the arena (for this brief moment) and I lost to tanks more times than not until I started to train in Brute Force. I still lose to tanks sometimes. I used my Challenge and Avoids to keep me from unfavorable match ups as much as possible until I started training in the necessary skills. This is of course if your main goal is to be a tank buster (which by your many posts I'm guessing you are).

Also another tip, your weapon skill helps, yours are average and low for your gladiators.

Thirdly, your gladiators have amazing records, don't cry just because you cant dominate everyone. (Jaradakar is actually fairly accurate, its called balance)

Talking of bacon and eggs, I had the second best Theatrics gladiator in the play test, and all I'm saying is, sometimes the best tank buster was a Theatrics gladiator, and sometimes the best tank was a Theatrics gladiator. I stand by my statement a few posts up;
    "But for really realz, the Beta test showed us that each and every type dominated at different points. There is a definite ebb and flow to the game which makes it exciting. There is no auto pilot to victory mode, the astute and diligent manager will be the most successful, regardless of which kind of gladiator(s) they are running."

I guess what I'm saying is, our gladiators are not vanilla, we are more like rocky road, or maybe its peanut brittle, I don't know, but there is a lot is going on.

A ton of time was spent on balancing the different Specialties of this particular School of gladiators (more are coming btw). There is no one size fits all, you are going to lose sometimes (not often by your record however). You can choose to spec your gladiators to be tank busters, but then it puts you at a somewhat disadvantage against other Theatrics and Rage gladiators who are not specialized to bust tanks. That is the beauty of this game, it takes strategy and ingenuity to build a complete gladiator.

Your Moon Child is a well built offensive War gladiator, his stats are awesome for what it is your are trying to do, there is a reason he is near the top. Great stats/gear and its obvious your a skilled manager. You don't end up with a team record like yours without being so. I'm just going to suggest you go with Barreling Attack since you have committed to Death From Above. And if you want him too to be able to overcome the tanks, then I suggest you put a few more trains into Brute Force.

I'll leave you with one last little blumpkin, use your Challenge and Avoids to make sure your matching up with and avoiding the kind of gladiators that give you trouble until your ready to take them on. If your really serious about being the absolute best, then use the scouting reports before you challenge, most managers don't bother to heal their critical injuries (big mistake), helps when determining where to aim.
    Last edited by Gubment Cheeze; 01-09-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Also have you invested in Signature Move? Mine often disarms opponents and it's pretty hard to total parry when you have no weapon
    Solstice has 6 points in signature move and 9 out of 10 times does nothing vs total parry's, as most pf the time parry's end up picking their weapon up even before he makes an attack, I am assuming because he is running at low activity in order to save some endurance so that he doesn't pass out in the first 2 minutes. So I am not sure that skill has much to do when it comes to being effective vs a total parry.

Between your three Theatrics gladiators, you have a total of 3 trains in Brute Force, and 2 trains in Feint (yeah, I burned 3 trophies for the scouting reports). So basically none of your three are trained in the necessary skills to be a tank buster. You need to train skills that help you overcome a Total Parry's defense.
    I have only 2 theatric gladiators at the moment. I sold off Aurora not to long ago, he was an original gladiator with subpar attributes and I felt he had maxed out vs some of the far superior opponents, I think his highest attribut was like a 65 and everything else was down from there.

Anyways, despite my crying, believe me I have been pouring points into feint and brute force lately and soon barreling attack to see if any of them will work. But that is part of my point, in order to break a parry a theatrical fighter needs to go outside his class to compete (or at least I soon shall find out) against a total parry. And it seems (hint hint) that in order for a theatrical fighter to hold off a rage beserker he also needs to pour points into WAR's create distance skill tree to get his parry tactics to work decently, otherwise he gets a ROCK sized smackdown.

As for Moon Child, he was built to be offensive, as you can tell my love for tanks. I put points into death from above just to feed the minimum to get into the 4th tier. Despite some very unlucky fights vs Wolfraven where Wolfraven was down to 1 endurance point to Moon Child's 20+ and 100+ health the enforcer decided to end the fight in favor of Wolfraven. Otherwise he is pretty balanced as an offensive and defensive War fighter. He is the least reason for my reoccuring childlike tantrums.

And one more before I end my bitch session tonight, there are a certian few that have had the favor of experimenting during the beta phase of the game. I was not one of them, so I as many other managers currently have a sizable gap to catch up on when it comes to learning loadouts and how each tactic works against each other as well as how the skills effect each tactic and so on and on and on.....

Well, I have run out of tissues for tonight, so I will now wipe my tears on my pillow case as I cry myself to sleep because my 2 theatric gladiators with a combined 78-36 can't beat a total parry that runs in nearly all gray's.

whaaaa....somebody get me a tissue....
    Last edited by Team Kaos; 01-09-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Not that I'm going to change your mind since you are clearly convinced there is a balance issue here and maybe there is, but I just looked at the new gladiators coming up the ranks and there are a healthy amount of Theatrics guys that are on a tear with around a 70% win record and single digit losses
    How those Theatric studs doing? Not so many left in single digit losses, nor in the 70% range. The Elite class Total Parry's slaughter Theatric fighters.
    Here's another joke of a battle.
    Wolfraven decked out in purple's, weilding the fastest weapons in the game, with attribute advantages that are just silly over Spike who is outfitted in 3 white's, 4 green's and a blue.

Wolfraven throws 50 attacks and lands ......3.

And to really put the cherry on this one, Spike's gear level is as follows. 2,3,3,6,7,7,9,11.

The Total Parry is a joke thus far. No way, no how should Spike be able to withstand a immensley superior Wolfraven and not only withstand him, but utterly dominate him.

Another tidbit, the #2 Theatric fighter is ranked 18th overall, followed up at 20th and the 26th by the 3rd and 4th ranked Theatric fighters.

And the majority of theatric fighters are just above or under a 50% winning percentage in the Elite.
    Most are bunched up around the high 40's and getting passed up by younger fighters like they were standing still.
    Last edited by Team Kaos; 01-13-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Aspiring Master
    hmm very interesting. It does explain why if you want a successful Theatrics Gladiator you need to dip heavily into the Rage tree.

I suspect there is a soft Rock, Paper, Scissors system under the hoot that looks like:

Rage --> War --> Theatrics --> Rage

Aspiring Master
    Check out Amon Zuul's record. He's Theatrics, and he's a "starting" gladiator (which are almost always lower in attribute levels than later purchases from the Slave Market). Like I said in an earlier post, once you get those Tier-4 and Tier-5 skills up to decent levels, Theatrics glads really come into their own.

That having been said, I will concede that the best Theatrics gladiator is still no match for the Grape Apes at the top of the rankings...unless you want to dress your boys in purple, as well.

Stable Servant
    I am well up in the system now with my Theatrics gladiator "Mpathreerules" and on a constant loosing end... it gets tough "up there" with a Theatrics guy...

I am well up in the system now with my Theatrics gladiator "Mpathreerules" and on a constant loosing end... it gets tough "up there" with a Theatrics guy...
    I think it gets tough up there no matter what style your fighting, but if Mpathreerules is bashing as a theatric, especially being a little guy that he is...that is boo boo #1.
    I didn't do a scouting report on him since I can't seem to access that page for some reason right now. But you also have him equipped with an axe (bashing/slash) and a sword (lunge/slash). So I am assuming you slash....and more likely Parry Slash after reading the fight summary.
    Since I don't know his skills or stats I'm guessing that he's not so high in agility which is VERY BAD for a theatric, and really really bad for one that is running around trying to parry without a shield and wearing dead skin for armor.

I'd say either jack that agility up real high so you don't depend on your armor to protect you or get some medium armor to offset those hits a bit. Also if your parry slashing, forget about it unless your defense his over 80 and even then your still going to get abused by Rage's who are beserking or set on kill shot.

Think fast, agile, defense when running theatric guys. They don't need big hits to win, use Gratuitous Violence to your advantage and bleed your opponents like pigs.
    Remember, Theatrics are built to be flashy fighters that drag fights out....they don't tire quickly and need to be able to defend themselves #1 and #2 not miss when they do swing. With GV and Knockout they have great tools to work with. You just need awaken them with the right attributes and strategy.

And don't get hit....... Theatrics fighters don't like getting hit.