Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swtor

Swtor

Anyone one else in the beta this weekend? It will be my 2nd beta weekend was wondering if anyone else is trying it.

I am, playing on Levithan

So what are you thinking about it Eric? I played it way too much, took a bounty hunter to 22, and a sith inquisitor to 16, I'll more then likely be a healer for the group I play with and was checking out healing spec's.

Have to say it looked good to me, nice star wars feel to it, your characters felt strong at the beginning, no killing rabbits in front of town for these guys, you where taking on groups of armed guards and huge monsters almost instantly. We all really liked that aspect of it. Crafting is cool, doesn't tie you down at all, your followers do all the work, while running flashpoints it was simple to keep my two crew members out gathering mats/crafting while i was healing my way threw the content. Pvp was a blast, I enjoyed all 3 pvp zones hope there is more to come, the inquisitor just is amazing in hutt ball. Space combat was fun I'd say, i like the rail shooter and the fact that its something you can do if your group is one, or you just want to solo. All in all I'd say its a good game, its going to hurt wow's subscription that's for sure.

Honestly, I am not fully sold. I played a Jedi Knight up to level 14. The storyline is cool, and the cut scenes and voice acting is very well done. PvP is fun, but nothing groundbreaking.

I remember when WoW came out and I was a hardcore Everquest player for years. WoW blew me away and had me chomping at the bit for it's release. When I was able to get into the Beta test for WoW and check things out, I was even more sold. I have been following SWTOR for a while now, and was hoping for something of the same, this weekend was my chance to kick the tires a bit. The game is a sold offering, but I do not see it as the WoW killer that it is being labeled. This is just my opinion of course.

Yup I know what ya mean, the biggest jump for me was changing from UO to Everquest, that was a omg this is so better type moment, nothing yet to me has matched the 200+ man raids we did in EQ in the planes. SWTOR i dont think is pushing anything new, the conversation system is just from Mass Effect, so are the followers, the pvp zones are fun but like you said nothing really omg new, crafting is probably the biggest change, that and the voice overs, it seems like voice overs shouldnt be that important but man it seemed to make a better game rather then just reading what a quest is.

Training Dummy
    LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!! lmao just kidding.....not really

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfist View Post
    LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!! lmao just kidding.....not really
    Actually LOTRO is a solid game, the fact that it is Free to Play doesn't hurt matters much either. Solid story line as well.

Yup good story with LOTRO, farthest i have made it there was just finishing the Mines of Moria, and that was epic. World of Tanks is another good free to play, nice game for when you just have 30 mins and want something to do (if your glad battles are done already of course)

Something like that for here would be nice, something not really limited to how many times you can do it per day at all, i know i played a game once where it had an ongoing never ending battle system, you would pick to enter, and it was a square shaped room with a pyramid in the middle you'd start in a random square on the outside edge, every 5 min's you could move 1 square, its was a huge grid, at the end of the movement the glad where matched up in pairs and battled, the winners stayed in the square, the losers where pushed to a random square that connected to the square (unless you died then you where out till your manager put you back in). The goal was to be king of the hill in the top square of the pyramid, each round you made a small amount of gold to help with repairs, if you where on the edge you didn't make enough to cover repairs at all, if you where at the top of the hill you made a profit. I actually threw together something similar in silverlight a couple of years ago.

Aspiring Master
    I picked up SWTOR and I'm enjoying it so far. It is probably the best MMO I have tried outside of WoW. I definitely like the sense of a story and feeling like you actually impact the universe.
    Manager of :
    Deep Hurting (Retired until further notice)
    Bankrupt (Semi-retired): The Wall
    Skull Battalion: Big Bertha, Bloodguzzler, Captain Victory
    Sandbaggers (Semi-retired): Masque

Im trying out swtor now. Its a good game and everything but its nothing really new on the game side, only on presentation. I like the trade skill system best. To me no other mmorpg ive tried beat Everquest. Im on my 11th year and while playing everquest ive tried these games: shadowbane, age of conan, rift, lord of the rings, warhammer online, world of warcraft.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.