Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    I'm not following why sweep is a no brainer. Sig Move:Sweep is a great skill, knocking the opponent down reduces the number of attacks he gets and that reduces his damage output per round and his ability to have skills go off! That's pretty damn good.

I've been noticing an unfortunate trend on the boards where if a skill or race isn't directly related to damage or health it's considered shit...IMO that type of thinking is simple minded, very short sighted and probably causing new (and old) managers to follow the same builds and not experiment and find new ones. If you have Sweep, then grab Death From above as well to capitalize on it. There is no defense against sweep, but there is defense against stun. Pump up your agility and intellect, I've noticed high agility/int glads seem to prevent prone opponent from getting back up. It's easy now to experiment, have fun with it.
    Firstly Sigmove of any kind IS an attack attempt. for a 2handed war for example it would take the place of an attack. of which your only going to get 1 per round usually. on a gladiator that attacks alot ANY sigmove is fine but the best will still be stun only because it's damaging. if all the others did damage blind would be very strong if not stronger than stun. Disarm is a little stronger than sweep because "Disarm Effects" are not as common as "Knock Down Effects" but disarms are 50% of the time nullified by the opposing gladiator picking up their weapon immediately. Also "Trugs" have an ability to resist knockdowns. also a Stun critical effect combined with a Sig move stun is not counter-able. same with Barrelling attack + knock down effect.

Iv'e Ran sweep with death from above. the damage is slight at best >.<. as far as experimentation and having fun with new play styles and this is a bold statement I dont think there are any other managers that play test as hard as i do. for instance anyone testing a "Buckler" based gladiator where the shield is used as an offensive weapon and a smaller defensive bonus? Sedris for example is a 2handed rage with 10 points in finishing blow. less than 550 wins and has 94 kills. is sedris going to take the primus by storm and be the primus champion. i seriously doubt it. is he going to be the epitome of a 2handed rage killer's. i believe so, effective in winning no but alot of fun to play. i'm rebuilding zombie azure not because i think its going to win but because i really enjoyed the insane number of KO's Azure had and would like to see them again. its all about having a good time.
    Last edited by CaineDeSoulis; 04-01-2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: I have No Sentance Structure
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

Also "Trugs" have an ability to resist knockdowns.
    I think you mean to say "Dunders" instead of "Trugs", Trugs just smell nasty and eat all your food!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Nothing against sweep other than the fact that I can get damage while accomplishing same thing.
    Feed Us Blood
    Dilbert Green, Pasquinelli, Damone, Benjiboo & St Lucceiia

Foo Fighters
    Foo Bar, Kung Fooo, Pitythe Foo, Foo Ton & Foo Die

As a young boy, HipsterD dreamt of being a gladiator. Angered by his fathers unwillingness to sell him off as a slave, he ran away and joined the circus...wrong circus. After enduring endless face painting, he decided that pies had no damage inflicting properties at all, so he shanghaied the bearded lady and started a stable of his own.