Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: War Guide

Thanks for the reply.

My war glad is human and has an Agility of 66. I have his strategy put to begin with an Activity of 10. So he can get in some big hits and maybe bleed the opponent or reduce his attack power. When he feels slightly tired he shifts to an activity of 4. He is my starting gladiator and I will try my best to take him to Primus.

I do accept the stat advantage and disarm resistance that DW gives and that is why I am considering whether to DW him in the future. Otherwise a single weapon is also cheaper to maintain.

I keep my bloodlust below 5 to maintain the damage but at weapon skill of 4, I fumble maybe once per fight. That is considering that each fight has him making atleast 15 attacks with his weapon. So I dont really thing fumble is a big issue for me.

About armor movement, I know that at times getting the initiative can change the game. Especially if my opponent gets the initiative and gets a crit in bleeding me and reducing my attack power. However what I want to know is whether it is worth taking an entire skill set on considering that armor movement has been unlocked now and if I tank up on it, I might regret it later.

Oh yes I almost forgot, can flimsy blade wielders do the "barrelling attack" and 2h flail wielders do "feints" successfully? Cause in real life they would not. My war glad gets in some good hits with feint and my rage glad all but relies on "barelling attack". So I am thinking of giving both of them both the attributes.

BTW does the area that you are defending make any impact in the game?
    Moksh Gladiators: Suji (War) and Elloar (Rage)
    Moksh (Sanskrit): The relief from the wheel of birth and death.
    Because when we kill someone, even their soul fears to be born again.

Yea Barreling Attack is great and I would advise it for any build. Feint is something I only use when im wielding Blades though there are a lot of people that use it with other weapons aswell.
    I am experimenting with 1 defensive war who carries a mace + shield and 1 of my newer glads Belca is going to make use of shields later on aswell and I am getting him armour movement. the reason for this is that a war gladiator can't win solely on letting his opponent run outof endurance but instead should block the opponents attack and hit once or twice a round. to do this im planning to let him attack the opponent before they attack him giving them effects like knocked down or disarmed and so on putting a limit on their amount of attacks and blocking the ones they deal out.

It's all still hypothetical though so it's not even sure if it will work or not~

Best of luck with your builds and I might adopt barelling attack soon.

BTW just wanted to share a recent victory:-

My war glad Suji was being beaten very badly by a certain 2h war glad "Big Jozu". By beaten I mean Big Jozu was mopping the arena with Suji. He has a size 83 v/s my 65 and being a Trug gives extra health I think. ( last fight Big Jozu had 544 HP v/s Suji's 344 his weapon does 78 damage per round v/s my 52)

So anyways it was this specific character who I wanted to counter as he represented the worst kind of enemy my fencer could get, lots of health and lots of damage. Suji worked diligently at the black market for two days perfecting his strategy and today he barely beat Big Jozu who, I might add, is one level higher than Suji.

Yeah baby its suji's birthday.

PS: Big Jozu's master no offense intended. Though I might be targeting you to see if my glad is performing up to specs.
    Moksh Gladiators: Suji (War) and Elloar (Rage)
    Moksh (Sanskrit): The relief from the wheel of birth and death.
    Because when we kill someone, even their soul fears to be born again.

hello everyone. It's Christmas.

Thanks for making this guide.

Just saw a 944 Gold slave in the market with 85 size, thinking about making him a war, not sure what kind yet.

Make whichever kind you want. If you have higher strength then uses axes and maces or 2hand weapons, higher agility go with blades or pole arms.

As for the war guide, it is a bit dated and in need of updating. But because of the new skill trees about to be released, this guide will be useless soon.

I hope a lot of you were able to use this guide and found it useful. I look forward to studying the new trees and design a guide for wars. Of course the skills being released will make for a lot of possibilities.
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

New skill trees are out. I really liked using this guide for my first glad, not sure how the new war will be without hamstrung any more. Hope this gets updated!

All the three classes play so differently now that the absence of Hamstring in the War tree is hardly the only thing requiring consideration. It will take some time before the new situation is assessed well enough so don't expect any guides soon.