Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: War Guide

Ok thanks, at level 33, I feel stupid getting pasted by a level 19, when I rarely get a hit on him

Quote Originally Posted by Kemperz View Post
    Ok thanks, at level 33, I feel stupid getting pasted by a level 19, when I rarely get a hit on him
    They're called arena challenges for a reason! I wouldn't feel too bad, most everyone is in the same boat. Those guys are tough!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

why are there no dual handed war guides here i am a dual hander and i would like some builds for them since i am a total and complete noob to this game.I would really apreciate it if someone posted builds for them (offensive ones preferably)

Aspiring Master
    1.What is best for def war using DW maces ?
    Parry - Bash
    Parry - Slash
    Parry - Lunge
    2.Is this style good ?
    i45.tinypic.com/nbt0rs.png

Aspiring Master
    OMG parry sux soo much, with just bash I was landing pretty good red damages to my opponents and never get exhausted with activity level 8 and 5, and now I get 80% exhausted in my fights with parry=bash and lunge ... I lowered my activity lvl to 5 and 3 nothing changed wtf

The parry-x styles works just fine, but you need to figure out when and how to use them. To just go defensive might not be the best solution. With all my war gladiators I use all available fighting styles in combination with different triggers.
    Btw with DW maces/axes you need to use parry-bash.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Aspiring Master
    Like first just bash, and second strategy moderatly tired parry bash ?

Sure, that can work.

Okay I got a few qestions too.....

(Background: started playing 2 weeks back and now I own a lvl 11 war glad and a lvl 8 rager. Stable Moksh=> 45-15-1, War: Suji => 27-8-1, Rage: Elloar => 18-7-0)

My war glad is equipped with a single blade with speed 1.55 and he gets in 3-4 attacks per round and that has been working find for me except sometimes against a 2h rage. I am training my glad to be something like a old school fencer who hits frequently and with his heavy armor can take quite a few hits. His abilities are average. Now my problem is that for my technique to work, I need to pull each battle to around 6 rounds during which if the 2h rager gets in 2-3 good hits, my glad hits the dirt. At my level Hp is around 350 and my glad does an average of 60-70 damage per round but the 2h glads hit for 140-180 damage and Suji is done in even before he starts the game. This happens around 50% of the time even against some low level opponents, even got trashed in black market fights against lvl 6 fighters.

Any suggestions?

Moreover a few posts above I read "Kemperz" having a 2h war glad who uses "slash" as his strategy. Isnt that counter productive? Cause I started my 2h rage glad with an axe and slash and he got pasted all the time. However when I took a hint from the black market fights and changed the strategy to bash and bought him a flail for his birthday, he has been owning the fights. He has 75 stamina and I can run him at activity 10 where he gets in a hit every round and so far no one class has been able to touch him. (fingers crossed)

Going on with my war glad, I have seen many people with dual weapons of the same speed but i have not really noticed anyone hitting as much as my Suji. Some knife fighters here and there but I didnt get any proper trend. So my question is that in the future if I equip Suji with another blade or a shield, will I be actually reducing the number of hits he gets in? The shields in the game are yet to impress me and in any case I will have to wait till I can get "Master of arms".

And do I really have to take "Armor Movement"? I have kept the armor in the bright green zone (<25%) and I havent noticed any initiative pentalies.

On a side thought, a 2h rage seems to be the easiest gladiator to play in the game isnt that kinda unfair?

(maybe I should have opened a new thread)

PS: Who ever own "Big Jozu", you got vendetta coming your way.

2H rages are very strong and hard to beat early in the game, later in the game however they become easier to beat as the other gladiators develop more skills to counter the 2H rages massive hits. the only counter strategy early on would be to defeat the rage before he gets his second/third hit in.

Slash with a 2H works just fine with an Axe (though bash also works with it) or a Sword, with the hammer, Ball & Chain and the Flail however you will want to use Bash. my 2H war Shikii use a single strategy of 8 activity 10 bloodlust Slash with his 2H Axe and frequented the top 10 of the Primus ranking with it.

In regards to activity/bloodlust, I would advise not to put it to 10 unless your weapon skill reaches 9-10 since you will fumble quite abit.

As to your single weapons speed, what is your gladiators race? that could explain it's faster attack speed. i haven't experimented alot with single 1H weapon use so I can't say much about that topic.

If youre going for a shield in your second hand you will be experimenting ALOT with strategies before you have a strategy + skillset that works out agaisnt most builds, also you need a certain set of stats on a gladiator to make it worthwhile running this build (a war for example needs to be big, if he is going to carry a shield he should be even bigger if he wants to stay in that green zone unless you are planning on giving him 1 of the smaller shields)

The big pros of going DW with your swords or maces is that you get the attribute bonus from the second weapon, weapon speeds are combined so if you carry a 1.15 and a 3 speed blade you will make more attacks as you would with a 1,15 sword and with some luck multiple of these attacks are with the 1,15 sword. the third pro to this would be that you can never be truly disarmed, getting disarmed makes you drop your main weapon which can result in you either fighting with your fists only, picking up a gray weapon or picking up your own weapon. you will have your second weapon in hand so you won't ever be fighitng solely with your fists

Armour Movement makes you attack before your opponent but is hard to learn, it isn't neccesary to learn this skill but it is advised since attacking first gives you an advantage over your opponent.

Hope that helps^^