Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: War Guide

Slave
    Wow u are the manager of bloodytigers and new tigers..... man i was so close to you in the pit
    Black Jackals:
    Gtrilogy, 2 hander War Glad
    Lupina, Duel Wielder Rage Glad

Slave
    ok.. that was weird. but yeah i couldnt make a signature before so here it is. i had other glads in it but i sold them and forgot their names. but yeah Narol u the manager of The Tigers? I was soooooo close to you in the pit awhile ago. i think one of your glads crapped on me
    Black Jackals:
    Gtrilogy, 2 hander War Glad
    Lupina, Duel Wielder Rage Glad

Ok first post (go easy), my glad's name is Caramon (of the stable 'Bloodied Honor', Offensive War), I'm having some real trouble on him and he's starting to degrade as the quality gladiator I thought he was at earlier levels, he keeps losing fights and he constantly ends up being killed and bankrupting he, he gets serious wounds most every fight which are difficult to keep on top of and I cant get past the level 19 Tiny Avenger, who Caramon has had around 30 try's at now, without being able to a get single shot in..., Caramon is level 29 now and I think I must have got something like Fight Strategy wrong, can anyone help me please?

To help we'll need to know your current fight strategy, weapons and skills.

Also Tiny Avenger is a monster. He's pretty hard for Wars to beat early on so dont feel bad. in his case aim for the part that has the weakest armor. if you check the link in my sig, it will take you to mostly complete arena challenge guides that could help.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

[QUOTE=Apoca1ypse;7593]To help we'll need to know your current fight strategy, weapons and skills.

Caramon: Level 29 (intended) Offensive War Gladiator
    Fight Strategy:
    1) Start/Standby; AL 6; Slash; Torso; Torso; BL 3
    2) I Am Very Tired; AL 4; Slash; Shield Arm; Torso; BL 3
    3) Opponent Cannot Defend; AL 8; Shield Arm; Torso; BL 3
    4) Opponent is Disarmed; AL 8; Shield Arm; Torso; BL 3
    5) Opponent Attacks more; AL 10; Shield Arm; Torso; BL 3
    Weapon: Polished Giant Chopper (2h)
    101-169 Damage
    135 DPR
    Item Level: 25
    +7 Strength
    Skills:
    2 handed Weapons: 9
    Create Distance: 5

Ok first thing is swap your attack from "slash" to "bash" that will mean you will swing your weapon in a more suitable manner, meaning more damage and swings that connect. (An axe acts like a bladed club for all intents and purposes when swinging)

Let us know how you go after that simple change

btw I like your skill choices once you get Create Distance to 8 or 9, start training up Armor Movement.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

ok thanks a bunch Apoca1ypse

I'm yet to confirm this but the Wars seem to use two-handed swords better than two-handed axes and mauls. I have one of those, not very high basic Strength and even lower basic Agility but quite high Stamina - when equipped with a Flamberge for example he seems to deal higher damage (50-70 extra points) than with a Maul or a 2H Axe. Could be a set of coincidences but give it a try when you have enough money to switch weapons.
    And if you think Tiny Avenger is problematic, wait to get to Body Snatcher.

Int helps more with swords than with axe/mauls, that's what I recently found out, and it is rather obvious when int is listed over agi as the primary attribute for blades. Or it could just be that blades are more accurate than axes/mauls to start with.

My war glad is over lvl30 and still at ragnar 3 hits, so don't worry, lol
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 06-10-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Hm, ok thanks for all the advice, I have reshuffled the Fight Strategy a bit, but i am still having this issue of not getting enough hits in, and not hitting hard enough some times (between 40-130 is the norm), I still have failed to get a single hit on Tiny Avenger, but as for Ragnar Three Hits, I got lucky and hit him first, knocking his weapon on the floor, from which point he became a blood-filled pinata. Also, what bracket should I be in for the Arena, I've been in Juggernaut hovering around 140-70 ranking for a while now