Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looks like we have our first Don King!

Fight 1 — ORMGAR knocked FARUM into next week with a pounding victory.

I wonder...did Farum ask to go into the arena without any weapons? It's a sad day when the champ can't win a fight unless the opponent is unarmed. What's next? Will he start biting his opponent's ears next?

Shame on you Oedi, so much respect for you and your stable lost and down the toilet...
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Such are the decissions of a manager with more than 1 contender under his management. I can tell you right now that Narvalo will beat Oedi in tomorrows round. My other 2 matchups will play out normally. Novalar vs Nagman and Subjectseven vs bad Leroy.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

To be honest when given the choice even though it is pretty lame I would probably do the same

Master, master!

On my way back from the market I saw this piece of parchment posted near the arena:

"The Blood Games honor the gods and gladiators and their masters as such are guests in their Holy Sanctuary of Blood and compete at their request. Gladiators and or Masters found to not be giving it their all or resorting to the kinds of trickery one would expect from Jimmy the Squid will find there are consequences. The Blood Gods are greatly offended and insulted by such actions after opening the doors to their sacred grounds only to have them spat upon!"

Master, it bears the seal of the Arena Officials...

Wow...pretty weak Oedi. Tainted
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

Well i have a really hard time seeing you enforce it. even with restriction of 1 gladiator per stable. there's many managers with multiple stables fighting in the blood games. kaos has 2 stables with 7 glads, crow controls 2 with 10 glads, oedi controls an impresive 5 stables with 9 glads throughout them. Thats 26 gladiators and 3 managers. we will use oedi as the example here. with 62 fighters in this tourney. and 9 of them being under your own control lets say 6 win. you have a 20% chance that your gladiators will be fighting each other. hell i beilieve oedi has *fought* himself 3 or 4 times now with even more happening day 7.
    Last edited by CaineDeSoulis; 10-10-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

^^^^^ hey Kaos is back cool ^^^^^

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    That is correct, in the Blood Games you have no friends!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-
    Ah so there are friends out there after all, in the highest places too.
    First you tell me there are no friends in this tournament, and when i act upon this information you turn around and threaten me? So now im not allowed to chose strats and equipment for my own gladiators that i pay real money for to play? Please if you see a need to change the rules, do so in between tournaments.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

strategically it's the right decision oedi. Ormgar has a decent point advantage and you want to keep it that way. makes perfect sense and is fair according to the rules that have been set down. well now a Frago (fragemented order) has come down from up top (Nate). he basically said "what your doing oedi is EXPLOITING a glitch or error,system or game mechanic. and your doing it to provide an advantage to yourself." simple as that. previous to that post it was a legit *tho a bit underhanded* stratagy. now its exploitation. Read your TOS if you don't believe me. my advice to you is to fight all your fights hard and let the best gladiator win.

Legends:

Quote Originally Posted by oedi View Post
    Ah so there are friends out there after all, in the highest places too.
    First you tell me there are no friends in this tournament, and when i act upon this information you turn around and threaten me? So now im not allowed to chose strats and equipment for my own gladiators that i pay real money for to play? Please if you see a need to change the rules, do so in between tournaments.
    Hi Oedi,

This is nothing personal and has nothing to do with friend in high places. This sort of match manipulation was something I foresaw happening from the very start when the design called for allowing the next day's matchups to be seen, but I decided to not say anything until it happened hoping that it wouldn't. It's a simple matter of it not being in the spirit or vision of the Blood Games to have gladiators purposefully try and lose. I'm not telling anyone how to equip their gladiators or what strategies to choose, I'm simply saying there will be consequences if a player is found to be fixing fights. It's like getting caught speeding in your car by the police. You paid real money for your car and you can speed if you want to but that doesn't mean you can drive it however you want without consequences.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-