Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Signature Move...Is it worth it?

Just wanted to get feedback from other manager's on their thoughts and feeling towards this skill. I am personally on the fence, towards its effectiveness and value during a fight. Just wondering how others feel about it. It is worth investing alot of skill points towards it, or finding other places to put those skill points to use?
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

Absolutely! I've been on the receiving end of blinding attacks and disarms that in many cases turn the tide. Sweep isn't bad if the gladiator also trains in Death From Above, however perhaps Oedi and Kaos will have more to offer since they have a lot more experience running theatrics gladiators.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

To put it simple all my theatrics train signature move to a minimum of skill rank 7. The rest you can figure out for yourself
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Stable Servant
    my theatrics has it at 5, one fight he kept his opponent floored almost the entire combat, was pretty funny, i think leveling it up further lets the glad use more than just one type (stun, sweep and disarm)

it does not. im at the fabled 8 skill level and my glad still only sweeps. its a "build around me" skill unless your sig move is Stun. then even if it fails to stun it does monster damage. my advice is to remake until you get sig move :stun... sweep only helps slightly and uses an attack that does does no damage. blind is nice but again no damage and limited effect. disarm CAN potentially be a fight winner. but only if your opponent is reall unlucky and has low int. and gets a weapon that is counter to their strategy. ie getting a mace when your slashing. stun on the other hand does damage even if the stun fails. and when it does stun leave your opponent open for at the bare least the rest of the current round. but more than likely its a 2 round stun. and stun is the only sig move that has a chance to critical.
    Last edited by CaineDeSoulis; 10-12-2011 at 11:17 AM.
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

At level 10 Sig move stun does a standard of 2 round stuns as far as ive seen from the arena challenges

if your sig move is naturally stun it does a 2 round stun at level 2+ ive seen this my freinds glad has it at level 5 right now and it almost always stuns for 2.

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:

Stable Servant
    cainedesoulis, my guy normally does a sweep as his signiture move however in one fight I had today he used stun, I have examples of both from my fights today and I can provide screenshots if needed.

BLOOD WHISPER clashes with SASUKE MARU and tries to wound him.
    BLOOD WHISPER looks to sweep SASUKE MARU with one of his signature moves! (-Signature Move: Sweep-)
    SASUKE MARU gets knocked off balance by the strike and falls to the ground!

and in the fight directly following

BLOOD WHISPER tries to slice into MACLEO with his FINE STABBER.
    BLOOD WHISPER looks to stun MACLEO with one of his signature moves! (-Signature Move: Stun-)
    Poor lunge toward the ankle accomplishes very little. (+3 Damage)

so I do think you can do more than one, granted this is the only time i've ever seen anything other than sweep in the many fights (arena, contract and arena challenge) that my guy has fought in since he started learning this move.

im sorry it CAN happen but its rare for it to be anything different. if your sig move at level 2 is sweep 90% of the time it will always be sweep.

Legends:

Free Citizen
    Can you untrain and retrain it at level 1 to change it or is it SET on that.