Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Oedi,
    As always your analysis report shows what I and probably several of us vets have been seeing. New managers starting to get their guys into the top of the game. And I see alot of new ones on the way. Also with more and more builds getting closer to what there managers want to see, we are seeing the effects of more level 10 skills and there ability to change outcomes in fights.
    A trend that I have not cared for personally is seeing managers challenge inactive glads just trying to pad their records. It really shows when they fight active fighters and get killed. Yes I am talking mostly about Kaos's fighters especially Solstice. I have seen Kaos pop up in the forum from time to time just looking around. Hope he comes back, he brought alot of excitement on the sand and on the board.
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

indeed he did. The top right now is getting fairly rage heavy as it would seem.

Thanks for keeping these updates up they are very informative and a good read .
    Last edited by CaineDeSoulis; 11-27-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

I must say, it is nice to see more of the newer players moving up into the pointy end
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

moved part V to the first post.
    Last edited by oedi; 01-22-2012 at 08:30 AM.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

woohoo one of my glad's made Oedi's top 40 report!

I'd be curious to see a breakdown of the fighting styles, specifically how 2H glads are going vs DW glads )both war and rage).

then again, sleep is also a pretty attractive option....
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

Team Ziggler, represent.
    ZIGGLIN' CAPACITY AT MAXIMUM.
    brace for impact.

OK, so i got very bored tonight, and had a squiz at the top 40

...by bored I mean I am without Skyrim tonight

anyway, this is the top 40 as of 10:15pm 30/12/2011 UTC +10:00

You'll notice that war seems to occupy most of the higher end of the list, with all 8 in the top 20. The rest are splattered through the rest of the ladder. because of this, I bothered to do standard deviations to see how each class was performing. I also did it for each glad as well (and graphed too) in case managers are interested in their glads.

Note: S&B = Sword and Board -> weapon and Shield

Graph of the top 40 std. dev for any managers interested.

---------------------

Note: Graphs got resized by the forums. right click and select view image to see a larger version of the graphs
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 12-30-2011 at 04:10 AM.

War Wars are doing damn well, being a standard deviation in front of the other specialties. rage is -0.2 and theatrics are -0.3, so they're roughly even, but rage is performing a little better.

Next step was to check weapon configs, which were all pretty even. Lastly, I decided to see how each specialty/weapon config performed. It's a little scewed because Eruption is such an outlier, but regardless, All the war variations are in front, lead by 2H War and DW War. PA war, DW rage and all theatric styles are even, while 2H rage takes out the bottom of the scores.

visually:

anyway, Discuss!

---------------------

Note: Graphs got re-sized by the forums. right click and select view image to see a larger version of the graphs

edit: fixed problem with gladiator specialties.
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 12-30-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Nice breakdown...only one correction of note is that Eruption is the only 2-hand war. All the others listed are pole arms(beta,BBII,Maria).
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.