Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

analyzing the top 40

Ive spent some time today analyzing the top 40 in the arenas. 5 pit lords and 35 legends. Top 40 because it was most easy to find all styles of the different gladiators.
    part I 08.20.2011
    Initial break down goes like this 15 rage, 13 theatrics and 12 war. Im a little bit surprised to see more theatrics than war, but that it is most rage gladiators is as i expected. But all over its a very even distribution between the styles.

I found 17 different managers among these gladiators. Crow has 9, kaos got 6, and I got 5. There is 4 managers with 2 each, and another 10 with 1 each.

rank 1 to 10 got these 4 theatrics, 4 war, and 2 rage.
    rank 11 to 20 got these 6 rage, 2 war and 2 theatrics.
    rank 21 to 30 got these 5 rage, 4 war, and 1 theatric.
    rank 31 to 40 got these 6 theatrics, 2 rage and 2 war.

The 15 rage gladiators got 10 different managers.
    Crow got 3, zombie got 2, team win got 2, and 7 managers with 1 each.

The 13 theatrics got 7 different managers.
    I got 5, kaos got 3, and 5 others with 1 each.

The 12 war gladiators got 5 different managers.
    Crow with 5, kaos with 4 and 3 others with 1 each.
    This is maybe the strangest finding, only 5 of 17 managers with top end war gladiators. And to top that 9 of the 12 war run by only 2 managers.
    Maybe war is the most difficult style to master? I know i had an easy way into the top 100 with my war, he is now ranked 59 all over but i have had no success breaking into the real elite.

part II 09.19.2011
    initial break down 15 war, 14 rage, 11 theatrics. War has moved in with 3 more in the top 40.(war in=laharl, brutus, almighty power) 2 rage and 2 theatrics are out.(rage out=blue eyes and Mordum)(theatrics out=granious and succubus)
    Its 15 managers with gladiators in the top 40. Crow=9, kaos=8, oedi=5, CainDeSolis=3, 4 managers with 2 each, and 7 managers with 1 each.

rank 1 to 10 5 theatrics, 3 war, 2 rage
    rank 11 to 20 4 war, 4 rage, 2 theatrics
    rank 21 to 30 5 war, 3 theatrics, 2 rage
    rank 31 to 40 5 rage, 4 war, 1 theatric

the 15 war got 7 different managers. crow=5, kaos=5, 5 managers with 1 each.
    the 14 rage got 8 different managers. crow=3, CainDeSolis=2, Apoca1ypse=2, mayhem=2, 5 managers with 1 each.
    the 11 theatrics got 5 different managers. oedi=5, kaos=3, 3 other managers with 1 each.

part III 10.25.2011
    initial break down 14 theatrics, 13 war, 13 rage. This means that war are out and theatrics are in. New theatrics are jinrou, batroc and cyclone. Succubus has moved back in, and Chuck is out.
    2 war is out almighty power and Hellmaw.
    3 rage are out; bad leroy, colossus and cracalla. 2 are new el Stupido and Limpy.
    Its 15 managers with gladiators in the top 40. Crow=10, Kaos=6, Oedi=5, CainDeSolis=3, 5 managers with 2 each, 6 managers with 1 each.

Rank 1 to 10 6 theatrics, 2 war, 2 rage
    Rank 11 to 20 5 rage, 3 theatrics, 2 war
    Rank 21 to 30 5 war, 3 rage, 2 theatrics
    Rank 31 to 40 4 war, 3 theatrics, 3 rage

The 14 theatrics got 7 different managers. Oedi=5, Kaos=3, Crow=2, 4 other managers with 1 each.
    The 13 war got 7 different managers. Crow=5, Kaos=3, 5 others with 1 each.
    The 13 rage got 9 different managers. Crow=3, CainDeSolis=2, Apoca1ypse=2, 6 other managers got 1 each.

A little comparsion with the on going tournament:
    Top 40 is 16 rage, 13 war and 11 theatrics, but top 10 is totally dominated by theatrics with 5, war got 3, and its only 1 rage in the top atm.

part IV 11.27.2011
    initial break down 18 rage, 13, theatrics, 9 war. Rages has really moved in with force, taking 4 war spots and 1 theatric spot.
    Rages moveing in: Centurion, General Disaray, Terragrio, Wargh, Blackdog and Blarg. El stupido is out.
    Theatrics moveing in: Leadmaster and Novalar. Theatrics out: Succubus, Aurora, and Nagman(sold)
    War moveing in: Maria. War out: GFY, Brutus, Moon Child, and Spiritual Pain, Anger Rising.(the 3 last are now inactive)

Its still 15 managers with gladiators in the top 40, im not sure whos out but we got a new entering with 3. Crow=10, Oedi=5, Apoca1ypse=4, CainDeSolis=3, Frede=3, 5 managers with 2, 5 managers with 1. Crow and Frede got gladiators in all 3 specialities. Oedi and Apoca1ypse got all theirs in 1 speciality.

Rank 1-10 5 rage, 3 theatrics, 2 war. The 2 war are ranked 1 and 2.
    rank 11-20 4 rage, 3 theatrics, 3 war
    rank 21-30 4 war, 3 rage, 3 theatrics
    rank 31-40 6 rage, 4 theatrics, 0 war

the 18 rage got 11 different managers. Apoca1ypse=4, crow=3, cainDeSolis=2, Rraiderrs=2, 7 managers with 1 each.
    the 13 theatrics got 7 different managers. Oedi=5, Crow=2, Kaos=2(these are inactive), 4 managers with 1 each.
    the 9 war got 5 different managers. Crow=5, 4 others with 1 each.

In the ongoing tournament the top 12 is 6 rage, 3 war, 3 theatrics. Even tough ragers are better represented in the top this time, its still the war on top followed by theatrics.

part V 12.25.2011
    initial break down 18 rage, 14 theatrics, 8 war. Not much difference this time, 1 more theatrics and 1 less war. Even though its almost the same amount of each speciality its been some change in the actual gladiators.

Rages moveing in: Theodore Henry, Malar & Belgarad. Theodore Henry is now ranked as # 7 rage. thats quit a leap from being ranked below top 40 and #18 rage last month. Centurion, Blackdog & Iranam is out.

Theatrics moveing in: Azmael, Obvious J, Subjectseven & Cogburn. Theatrics out: Power slave, Cyclone, Novalar. While Novalar has taken a dive, Azmael has taken a big jump with his new equipment, and is now ranked as #4 theatric.

War : no new war this time, and Abomination is out.

We have 2 more managers with gladiators in the top 40 so were now up to 17.
    Crow=9, Oedi=6, Apoca1ypse=4, CainDeSolis=3, Frede=3, 3 managers with 2, 9 managers with 1. Crow and Frede got gladiators in all 3 specialities. Oedi and Apoca1ypse got all theirs in 1 speciality.

Rank 1-10 4 rage, 3 theatrics, 3 war.
    rank 11-20 4 rage, 4 war, 2 theatrics
    rank 21-30 5 rage, 4 theatrics, 1 war
    rank 31-40 5 rage, 5 theatrics, 0 war

the 18 rage got 12 different managers. Apoca1ypse=4, crow=3, cainDeSolis=2, 9 managers with 1 each.
    the 14 theatrics got 9 different managers. Oedi=6, 8 managers with 1 each.
    the 8 war got 4 different managers. Crow=5, 3 others with 1 each.

Looks like most of the new managers has chosen rage as their style, as did most old managers. In the last few months we've seen 1 new war entering the top: Maria and 2 new theatrics entering Obvious J and Leadmaster. While we've seen 5 new rages from new and old managers: Theodore Henry, Wargh, Belgarad, Malar and Terragrio.

part VI 01.22.2012
    Doing this a few days early this month, wont be able to spend the time necessary next week. Enjoy.

Initial break down 20 rage, 12 theatrics, 8 war.
    2 more rage joined the ranks and now ragers hold half the spots in the top 40.

The 2 new rages are infact mine: Fastblades and Bad Leroy.
    2 theatrics fell out of top 40: Solstice is inactive again and Jinrou might be inactive all his equipment was broken last time i met him.
    We lost 1 War due to retirement: Bloodbath II. We got 1 new War, again one of mine, Toddler.

Level breakdown: 26 level 50, 1 level 49, 2 level 48, 1 level 47, 1 level 46, 2 level 45, 1 level 44, 1 level 43, 3 level 42, 1 level 41, 1 level 40.
    Gratz to Terragrio to make it all the way up there at only level 40. And maybe even more impressive Wargh is ranked # 13 with only 42 levels. He is the highest ranked non lvl 50.

We lost 3 managers with gladiators in the top 40 so were down to 14.
    Crow=9, Oedi=9, Apoca1ypse=4, Frede=4, CainDeSolis=3, Rraiderss=3, 8 managers with 1. Crow, Frede, and Oedi got gladiators in all 3 specialities.Apoca1ypse got all his in the rage speciality.

Rank 1-10 4 war, 3 rage, 3 theatrics.
    Rank 11-20 4 rage, 2 war, 4 theatrics.
    Rank 21-30 6 rage, 3 theatrics, 1 war.
    Rank 31-40 7 rage, 2 theatrics, 1war.

The 20 rage got 11 different managers. Apoca1ypse=4, crow=3, 4 managers with 2, 5 managers with 1 each.
    The 12 theatrics got 7 different managers. Oedi=6, 6 managers with 1 each.
    The 8 war got 4 different managers. Crow=5, 3 others with 1 each.

The one thing that puzzels me most atm are the fact that the one speciality thats not won anything yet is the most popular one. Thunder lips did hold # 1 position in the arena a few times when she was competing with Solstice for top spot. But for the most, the game has been dominated by Theatrics and now War gladiators. I dont think this blood game will be any different, but Prey still got a chance.
    If I had to put money the the first Rage blood game champ, I would chose between Theodore Henry or Wargh. Those 2 impress me most of the rage breed. When they get to lvl 50 im sure they will be close to unstoppable.

I see Crow has anounced Cypress retirement. I think his and Bloodbaths retirement before him just is the first few in a chain of retirements, when the young godlings close in on level 50. Of my first batch of gladiators i think only Ormgar could be competetive with the next generations of gladiators. He started out close to the 1k mark with a decent size of 74. Narvalo with his low 60 in size just aint big enough.

I would like to extend a big thank to Apoca1pse for his indebt break down on styles and weapons. Hope you will keep updating as you se fit.
    Last edited by oedi; 02-28-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: monthly update
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Impressive balance I would say.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

short and sweet: looks like things are reasonably balanced the real thing that will be interesting is when a good chunk of people have hit the level cap
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

done an update on the top 40 list. War are moveing in, rage and theatrics move out. Its now only 15 managers among the top gladiators.

done a new update on the top 40 demographics.

Yay my second glad is finally in there even though he had terrible stats xD

Oedi to make it a little easier to read you might want to give the part II 09.19.2011 and part III 10.25.2011 a different colour

What you really want to do is make them separate posts in this thread so it will bump it and be easy to find since people expect new posts to be at the end. If Prinny didn't post something I would have figured you just decided to let us know you did an analysis but aren't sharing it.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

My guys make up 25% of the top 40, makes me kinda proud, even brings a tear to my eye!! I feel like celebrating, my glads are getting whores and wine sent to their chambers tonight!! For tonight we PARTY!!
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

interesting to read the update i'd suggest making the headding of each new entry bold or coloured though to find it easy.

i like the footnote that while rage is a huge part of the bloodgames, they are not well represented at the top.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

moved it to the original post
    Last edited by oedi; 12-25-2011 at 11:45 AM.