New Format for the Battle Royal Fights

Greetings Pit Masters!

This month the battle royal fights are a pure free-for-all! What does that mean? It means there are no friends on the sands for those few minutes.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Let's be frank, Nate, I'm the not the kind of guy to sugar-coat what he has to say even if it makes me unpopular sometimes...

In my opinion, this is a bad backward move made for wrong reasons.

I'm deeply convinced that this change is due to some people complaining that I had an unfair advantage in the Primus Battle Royale by having 4 gladiators in Top 10... But the top 10 is open to everyone and my guys earned their places up there by winning fights fairly in the Arena like everyone could...

Battle Royale had been introduced as the first TEAM FIGHT format, and with this change it just become another free-for-all like the BG already are. Consequently, we have no team fight format left at the present time.

The way you listen to the player base to make the game evolve according to their wishes is a great asset for it, but not when you change rules just because of some jealous thrash talk... Whatever the format there will always be some unhappy people on the losing side.
    Last edited by Narol; 11-03-2012 at 03:06 AM.
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Awesome finally it's a true Battle Royal thx Nate!

Narol I agree your guys are good and they earned their places in the battle royal however it wasn't a true battle royal when not all the gladiators are fighting eachother. -pulls out a definition of a battle royal from wikipedia-

The term "battle royal" was first coined by the Romans to refer to a form of gladiatorial combat involving a number of gladiators fighting, armed or unarmed, until only one remained standing, or alive.

that is the true essence of a battle royal
    Ive had Flonne, Etna and Pringer X from the Prinny Squad win battle royals as a team aswell but on a personal level idd love it even more if they went for eachothers throats aswell, this new format makes this possible^^

Besides even if your gladiators win as a team they only get 1 trophy anyway no matter if it's 1 gladiator standing or all of them

Im sure Nate has something for team battles planned out so you just need to wait for that!

As you can see in the great movie "Battle Royale" (or the much less good "Hunger Games), it's in the logic of such fights to have some participants team up to raise their survival probabilities, even if it is last-man-standing in the end...

A more logical change would have been that the survivants of the same team fight each others ONLY AFTER they have eliminated all the gladiators from the other teams, rather than making it free-for-all from the start of the fight !

In such a format, you get rid of your ennemies first and your friends only later !
    Last edited by Narol; 11-03-2012 at 04:39 AM.
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

In such a format, you get rid of your ennemies first and your friends only later !
    interesting, i like this idea!
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Narol View Post
    I wouldn't mind that as much, if team mates gave preference to each other (of course accidents do happen in a melee), but still it would be nice that if its the guys left at the end they keep fighting till there is a winner even if they are all on the same team. I think by having a winner each time is part of getting it so we can have achievements for the battle royals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    I wouldn't mind that as much, if team mates gave preference to each other (of course accidents do happen in a melee), but still it would be nice that if its the guys left at the end they keep fighting till there is a winner even if they are all on the same team. I think by having a winner each time is part of getting it so we can have achievements for the battle royals.
    +1 for that :P

It's always been in the theme of the game for the fight formats to change from time to time. The Pit Fights do it, the Blood Games do it and the Battle Royal Fights are no different. This was always planned and was not the result of player complaints. To be honest I wasn't really aware of any complaining. Next month may very likely be a different format as well, perhaps in the future it will change weekly, we'll just have to wait and see how things develop.

There are true team fights planned for the future for those players that much prefer their gladiators don't attack each other. 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 kind of formats and I'm sure with the combined creativity of the community we can think of lots of fun formats for all of them.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

When I think more about it, Battle Royale fights could be the perfect ground to introduce the team alliance system that many players, me included, have asked for a long time...

Gladiators would then choose theirs targets with 3 levels of priority :

1) Gladiators from other teams with which they have no alliance

2) After all those are down, gladiators from allied teams

3) If there is some left, their teammates until there is only one man (or woman) standing...

That would really had a strategic element in Battle Royale fights, and make wisely choosen alliances precious and decisive !

*Steeples fingers and grins*
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?