Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Kaos View Post
    What level are your gladiators? If they are low level fighters your pretty much gonna get slaughtered. Grom is a tough nut to crack.
    If your fighters are level 8 or higher and your still losing, then it might be time to start changing strategy. Grom doesn't play nice with parry's.
    My guys are level 7 (War), about to get to level 8. I use the basic slash offense, with level 6 activity and level 5 blood lust. Also they aim for the torso. They have level 6 blade skill. But I am not even getting a shot in on Grom. He is just destroying my guys, usually in about 30 seconds. Unless it is something obvious, I will just avoid the challenges for a while.

My guys are level 7 (War), about to get to level 8. But I am not even getting a shot in on Grom. He is just destroying my guys, usually in about 30 seconds
    Kinda the norm vs Grom at that level. Without high agility and massive power at that level your more then likely going to get handled by Grom.
    Although you may want to turn up the heat on him a bit. He hits a ton and your not going to take many shots from him.
    And if he had killed your fighter previously and your fighting him with death sickness the day after...that's really not a good idea.

Early and hard vs Grom

What's with the obcene sizes of these guys. Tiny Avenger at 7' 11" and 558 pounds, like what is that on the number chart? Power Slave is an 88 and only weighs 424 and stands 7' 6". Can't they just be normal sized guys that kick ass, they need to be walking giants?

Anyone beat this walking mountain yet?

Aspiring Master
    I'm still trying to crack The Butcher...that guy is a monster.

Wow!! I'm so excited, Moon Child needs to wait until he attains level 25 to take a crack at the level 3 bosses. Wonder if there is anything special fireworks that go off once he hits level 25.
    Bird of Prey...he's a real slicer and dicer.

Anyone get into level 3 yet?

Aspiring Master
    For Grom Ironjaw, I have found that turning up the Activity and Blood Lust to 10 each can be quite effective. It helps if you take at least a few levels in Brute Force (Rage tree), and up your Strength as much as you can before facing him. Otherwise, you'll probably need to wait until you are around level 13 before you can give him a fair run. It's all about Health Points with him (and The Butcher), and the more you have, the more hits you can take. The more hits you can take, the more hits you can administer, as well....and you really can't finesse Grom. You've got to pound him, and pound him as hard as you can.

As far as Level 3 challenges....I haven't even beaten The Butcher yet, and some of my guys are Juggernauts. Of course, we don't use very much Purple, either....

Stable Servant
    General Kain is a beyatch!

Moon Child moved up to the Head Hunter, the 5th boss in the 3rd level. He sports a 900+ health and packs repeated 250+ bombs. This guy might take some time to crack.

Aspiring Master
    Oh...my..word.

Wermacht only just cracked Tier 2. He's going up against Slavagus in the morning (assuming he doesn't get his head ripped off by his Arena opponent). I found Grawk and Narcissus to be pushovers compared to even Grom from Tier 1....but I get the feeling that things are going to get a whole lot tougher very soon...

2 of my younglings are on General Kain. Today, Kain dealt a combined 5 serious injuries to them. Cost me everything I had to fix them back to one serious injury. So much for that blacksmith sale!

Meanwhile, my guys who are ... 6 levels higher just passed Kain and are having a much easier time with Axe Murderer and the Butcher.