Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Manager rankings

I think it would be cool to re-do the stable rankings and turn it into manager rankings. Grouping all of the managers stables together to give a more accurate account of who's who. Awesome.
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

Quote Originally Posted by sevenseas View Post
    I think it would be cool to re-do the stable rankings and turn it into manager rankings. Grouping all of the managers stables together to give a more accurate account of who's who. Awesome.
    I also wish there were a way to search for warriors and stables. One of my warriors is getting REPEATEDLY challanged by a specific warrior and I notice his stable is very very experienced with over 11,000 total fights, I feel my fight total under 1,000 has me at a distinct disadvantage.

So I looked for other "Kyuuketsuki" warriors, but either I have not been able to figure out how to search.. or there isn't one.

I also agree that Rankings should have Stable name as well as manager name (If known), but I thought it was against the rules to have more than one stable???

If it isn't I will likely start one as soon as the new 'school' is available, I'm already sitting at 5. So either I start a new one and break the rules.. Or find a way to get a bigger barracks??
    Last edited by Seraphim53; 09-17-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “If you constantly have issues getting all your ducks in a row, GET SMARTER DUCKS.” ~Me

Seraphim - Manager of Arcanum and Arcanna

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim53 View Post
    I also wish there were a way to search for warriors and stables. One of my warriors is getting REPEATEDLY challanged by a specific warrior and I notice his stable is very very experienced with over 11,000 total fights, I feel my fight total under 1,000 has me at a distinct disadvantage.

So I looked for other "Kyuuketsuki" warriors, but either I have not been able to figure out how to search.. or there isn't one.

I also agree that Rankings should have Stable name as well as manager name (If known), but I thought it was against the rules to have more than one stable???

If it isn't I will likely start one as soon as the new 'school' is available, I'm already sitting at 5. So either I start a new one and break the rules.. Or find a way to get a bigger barracks??
    Once you've unlocked all 5 slots in 1 team its completely in the rules to start another one, there are several managers who run 2-4 teams. What is against the rules is having 10 teams all with 1 glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    Once you've unlocked all 5 slots in 1 team its completely in the rules to start another one, there are several managers who run 2-4 teams. What is against the rules is having 10 teams all with 1 glad.
    That's good news.. I'm trying to understand where the advantage is to the 5 warrior cap? Is there anything I can do with 1 stable with 8 warriors, that I couldn't do with 1 of 5 and another of 3?

Aside from the expense of having to pay for uogrades for both stables....But I tend to think there would be more money in paying to expand the barracks.
    “If you constantly have issues getting all your ducks in a row, GET SMARTER DUCKS.” ~Me

Aside from the expense of having to pay for uogrades for both stables....But I tend to think there would be more money in paying to expand the barracks.
    One issue I could see by letting a manager have as many glads as he wants in a single stable is you might find some managers like Oedi who would then have all his top gladiators in the same stable and they would not need to fight each other ever which could become a big advantage. If a single manager's team held the top 10 spots his #1 gladiator could only ever fight the #11 ranked gladiator at best.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim53 View Post

You probably have been getting challenged because your glads are rising thru the rankings at the same rate as Prinny's. Also he may have liked his payouts against your guys, try banking.
    Being he is one of the most accomplished manager's in the game, and the fact the glads he has in the non Primus rankings are hall of legends replacement glads. You might not want to seek out those boys till you learn a bit more. Remember there are great white sharks lurking at the deep end of the pool
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

he he he he
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

Quote Originally Posted by crow View Post
    You probably have been getting challenged because your glads are rising thru the rankings at the same rate as Prinny's. Also he may have liked his payouts against your guys, try banking.
    Being he is one of the most accomplished manager's in the game, and the fact the glads he has in the non Primus rankings are hall of legends replacement glads. You might not want to seek out those boys till you learn a bit more. Remember there are great white sharks lurking at the deep end of the pool
    Don't be confused, I'm in no way seeking him out. I've been keeping my challenges to a minimum (usually only to attempt at a 1st spot position).

However there seems to be a point of contention between one of his gladiators and one of mine. A single gladiator of his has challenged one of my gladiators what must be over a dozen times. For the last week or so it has been as many as 4 times a day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining. I think I've won more than I lost (though I don't have full fight records, just the last few). I was just curious if it was common for a top level manager to single out a new player... seems... I don't know.

Even more so when you're told you're being repeatedly challenged by a gladiator from a pool you don't have access to.

No worries, on a lighter side; I did start my second team. Trying my first Rage... should have built one before now, fun fun..

I wouldn't sweat it, first off the glads from the "other pool" simply have boosted attributes, it doesn't make them unbeatable and if you set up your strats right, gear properly and skill properly you can even the odds, of course if they do the same you'll be at a disadvantage but that's the reward for making it to the Hall of Legends and it's not like there are 100s of them running around and you'll be there soon enough.

If I had to take a guess you might be getting challenged repeatedly either because you always have a lot of gold on you or the other manager is testing out strat changes and your glad is the lucky recipient of those experiments! I suppose he could be picking on you but it's doubtful especially if you've been holding your own which it sounds like you have been. Of course if you are in the top 10 in your bracket then all bets are off, those positions are the hot seats and you should expect lots of challenges.

Rage glads are a lot of fun, did you go 2H, dual wield blades or duel wield axes/maces?
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

I don't feel picked on, and I'm not exactly sure 'WHEN' most of the challenges went down. I need to suck it up and grab the scribe... Does he ever go on sale?

Just looking at the last 8 fights (The only ones I started recording when I noticed I was seeing the same guy all the time) I am 5-3, so it must be for strategy changes. The fights have helped me make minor adjustments too. Plus I bank my money every day, so I don't think he's making a mint.

I just have to say it's a little daunting to see repeated challenges from a gladiator with over an 80% W/L record.

I went 2-handed with the Rage. I have a dual swords Theatrics and a dual maces War in my primary stable, and I really like the damage the two handers put down. I realize I'm a little slower, further disadvantaged by my light armor restriction, but Rage seems to have quite a few triggered events that work well that I can train later and Barreling Attack seems to even the initiative quite often. At least in the early career stages.

If the new school is going to take a while and I see a new slave worth buying, I'll likely try a dual maces Rage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    I wouldn't sweat it, first off the glads from the "other pool" simply have boosted attributes, it doesn't make them unbeatable and if you set up your strats right, gear properly and skill properly you can even the odds, of course if they do the same you'll be at a disadvantage but that's the reward for making it to the Hall of Legends and it's not like there are 100s of them running around and you'll be there soon enough.

If I had to take a guess you might be getting challenged repeatedly either because you always have a lot of gold on you or the other manager is testing out strat changes and your glad is the lucky recipient of those experiments! I suppose he could be picking on you but it's doubtful especially if you've been holding your own which it sounds like you have been. Of course if you are in the top 10 in your bracket then all bets are off, those positions are the hot seats and you should expect lots of challenges.

Rage glads are a lot of fun, did you go 2H, dual wield blades or duel wield axes/maces?