Thread: Fight Strategy

Fresh Meat

Fight Strategy

Ok, so my question is what fight strategy works best with a war gladiator. I have been using level act.5 with lunge aiming for torso with blade. i win about 4/10 fights with that. i am always tiring out. any suggestions to make it so i wont tire out after the first minute and a half?

A lot more than your strategy will factor into your endurance usage, however a quick way to help would be:

Lighten your load by wearing lighter armour if you are currently wearing medium or heavy armour.

More long term solutions:

Increase your strength so you can carry more weight.
    Increase your stamina so you'll have more endurance.
    One of the best ways to prevent yourself from passing out is to make sure you take out your opponent before you run out of endurance and the best way to help that happen is to train your weapon up.

Good Luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

make sure your activity and blood lust isnt too high either. at lower levels you wont have your skills high enough to make good use of high activity.

also make sure your fighting style matches your weapon. try out slashing with your blade instead.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Aspiring Master
    I have been using level act.5 with lunge aiming for torso with blade
    First, blade are primary SLASHING weapon so swich to slash instead of lunge
    Second, a lot of glad defend at the torso so swich for any leg, shield arm or the head. It should be better.

Also for a better result you can watch your last opponent match (when your challenging someone) to see if some gear are weaker and aiming there.

Finally, when watching your opponent last match you can also see where he is aiming and trying to defend there might be a VERY good idea.

Make these change starting whit the attack style of you weapon (put it on slashing mode) and you will soon see better result i am pretty sure.
    Lonely at the top but the view is great.

Cordialy

Dehodem

I usually have my activity on 4, unless I have some reason to have it higher (like my opponent is prone) - 5 is the default, so with roughly equal stamina, you tend to last a bit longer. That's probably the most important tactic I've made.
    Doomlegion stable manager
    Zerion, War Elite
    Noirez, War Elite

Fresh Meat
    i have 6 wins and 1 loss(barrleing attack), and suuced all tavern quests with 5 athelism and 8 bloodlust attack the arms defend your arms. im in the top 300 so i think i know what im talking about

Quote Originally Posted by ninja5 View Post
    i have 6 wins and 1 loss(barrleing attack), and suuced all tavern quests with 5 athelism and 8 bloodlust attack the arms defend your arms. im in the top 300 so i think i know what im talking about
    You are probably in the Amatuer top 300 with taht amount of wins note that there are many more brackets above you all with their own top 100's or less

Fresh Meat
    this fight strategy is STRESS out of my ass.
    i have switch my activity level to 8-9 and blood lust 5-6 still the opponent attack more than i do
    i have adjust it so may times, between activity level and blood lust, nothing has change opponent always attack more than i do. even with the opponent with the lower stat than me. they always attack more and more and more and even more more and more than i do. i have no idea about this game anymore, my gladiator level is 50 now and weapon skill is 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokai View Post
    this fight strategy is STRESS out of my ass.
    i have switch my activity level to 8-9 and blood lust 5-6 still the opponent attack more than i do
    i have adjust it so may times, between activity level and blood lust, nothing has change opponent always attack more than i do. even with the opponent with the lower stat than me. they always attack more and more and more and even more more and more than i do. i have no idea about this game anymore, my gladiator level is 50 now and weapon skill is 10.
    Looks like Prinny is responding in your other identical post here http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread...=7091#post7091

I'll do the same.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris