Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Battle Hardened,Create distance,Heavy Armour,Athleticism,Grim determination,War cry,Hamstring,Battle Prowess and Combat instincts. All of these things either limit your opponent, make your gladiator tougher to damage or harder to kill. Last Stand is an activated ability not passive.
    But none actually stack the same power...Battle Hardened - Increase defensive power
    Create Distance - is an activated defensive skill, not passive and working all the time...so we will say a 2x stack when activated for defense.
    Heavy armor? well that's not really a skill now is it?
    Athleticism -- not stacking much of anything there
    Grim determination-- works for a gladiator who is winning, again not stacking another skill
    War cry - again not stacking another anti initiative skill
    Hamstring - an activated skill that reduces attacks..want to lump it with Hamstring..ok but not really the same
    Battle Prowess and Combat instincts..again great for fights when gladiators health is close to one another...but they are not truly stacking any other skills

Prey (rage) fought beta (war) today and threw 42 shots 14 connected for damage and 1 for status effect. 17 were blocked by armour 5 were blocked by create distance 4 of the attacks were *blocked* and 2 missed according to the fight log. and your seriously going to bust rage gladiators balls because you got hit with a massive shot
    Prey fights with a small weapon, not a axe or mace or...large 2 handed weapon (damage bonus weapon...do I hear stacking again). He also lunges..which has no chance to produce bashing damage.

Did I mention Crippling might Doesn't add damage it just has a *chance* to increase an injury
    Oh, my goof..I said Crippling Might when I meant Total Carnage as another passive stacking offensive damage skill.

Don't encourage him Caine, Kaos isn't happy unless he has something to bitch about and holds the top 5 spots...well at least he has one out of the two things he wants!
    Oh, so not true..If you recall I did some of my best bitching when I retained all 5 top spots

You are spot on, if Rage was so over powered like Kaos wants to believe they would be crowding the arena ranks and holding all the top spots, which they are not.
    Perhaps because they have such difficulty beating the Theatrics who don't try to act like War's on top of the endlessly beat the snot out of each other. There are after all 9 crunched up between the 9 and 23 spots. Until 1 emerges above the other Rages (Prey)..they all will continue to hold hold themselves back.

Hey Kaos, if they are so overpowered fire up your rage team again and prove it, get all 5 of your guys into the top spots.
    I just did..
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

In Rebuttal, War skills work from synergy much like way rage do. As for direct stacking to increase damage per hit. 1 activated skill increases damage dealt Rampage, 1 skill increase's damage via an increase in offensive power Overwhelming Presence and 1 skill conditionally increases damage Blood Drunk. and i know your thinking well what about brute force.It does not increase damage it lowers defense probably on par with battle hardened so they negate if equal.

Total carnage just increases the *CHANCES* of doing more damage on critical hits. so based on your logic of only directly stacking effects Overwhelming presence and sometimes Blood Drunk will stack. Since blood drunk only applies when your war glads are less than 500hp its almost Negliable and the fact your in heavy armor and it negates Overwhelming Presence.

That being said Ive seen solstice have a hell of a time with the heaviest armor and you yourself have complained about heavy armor's deflects. The Axe is thee most damaging weapon in the pits when a rage gladiator with a setup designed for tankbusting is opening up on a tin can. its more than likely the one specifically designed to do so will.

The War/Rage matchup is 2hander war v 2hander rage the rage wins...ANY other style of war vs. ANY other style of rage WAR will win. sounds pretty balanced to me. Heavy Armor is like a tampon only a vagina needs it. :P

BTW i appreciate the compliment to prey even tho it was used to tell dain thunder lips aint the #1 rage :P
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

The War/Rage matchup is 2hander war v 2hander rage the rage wins...ANY other style of war vs. ANY other style of rage WAR will win. sounds pretty balanced to me
    We all know each style plays a rock paper scissors game with each other. I am also not crying that a Rage is an overwhelming destroyer and ruler of the game as some certain Rage defending managers believe.
    Im simply stating that Rage by design has multiple stacking skills that increase damage and power while decreasing opposing defensive power which in result incur mega damage.
    I just like to know why Last Stand seems to dramatically increase a Rage speed and damage.

As for the heavy armor...we were discussing how heavy armor has recently begun to absorb and deflect about 50% of the smaller weapons shots as well as lower the GV inflicted by a Theatrics...I am not upset at the result... just annoyed at the sudden change.

And to just toss another nugget out there....amazing when I touch on certain subjects the board comes alive.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

I am also not crying that a Rage is an overwhelming destroyer and ruler of the game as some certain Rage defending managers believe.
    Wow, really? I fear to think what actual crying sounds like!

I just like to know why Last Stand seems to dramatically increase a Rage speed and damage.
    For the billionth time, it does neither and I should know after 100s of fights running rage gladiators. As usual, I'll remind you again when you forget.

As for the heavy armor...we were discussing how heavy armor has recently begun to absorb and deflect about 50% of the smaller weapons shots as well as lower the GV inflicted by a Theatrics...I am not upset at the result... just annoyed at the sudden change.
    I don't think there has been a change to the block chance, but I've noticed the GV reduction but only against stronger armor, bleeding still racks up pretty high on light. Do you think it is across the board? Because I don't think that is the case.

And to just toss another nugget out there....amazing when I touch on certain subjects the board comes alive.
    Controversy always stirs debate, but if you feel better taking credit, go ahead!

*SWAK*
    Last edited by Dainoji; 08-18-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Hey Kaos, if they are so overpowered fire up your rage team again and prove it, get all 5 of your guys into the top spots.
    I just did..
    Excellent, and I suspect you'll do very well and not because of built in advantages. You have proven to be one of the most consistent players in the game keeping your winning percentage up there and rapidly adapting to changes. Maybe once you start running rage gladiators you'll see all these perceived advantages/stacking/etc really aren't as bad as you make them out to be. Trust me, I wish they were!

Well i wont deny that rage has some skills that are very synergistic, as that's exactly what i decided to take advantage of when making Kharn. I would like to point out however, the massive lack of consistency that they come with. 1 fight you may go and 2 hit someone out of the ring, and other matches i'm lucky to get a shot off. infact, kharns last fight saw him die to sliver in the first 2 swings of the fight.

It needs to be stated that Kharn is 10/10 on weapon skill, 9/10 Brute force and 8/10 on total carnage, which is near the pointy end of what his skills are capable of. he was also set to kill shot for that fight against Lords Fury so if he isnt dealing dumb damage from that setup, something is wrong. Granted, his strength isnt amazing now, but his chi - which is what governs how huge a critical hit is - is hovering close to 130.

as for rage being busted, i doubt that is the case. I dont see a rage gladiator on top and it's not often that more than 2 rage glads are in the top 10. If we could consistently deal 1k hits every fight, rage would soon take over all the top spots and THEN there would be something to complain about.

war has some very synergistic skills too. I've had Hamstring and Create Distance cause me no end of grief. 2H rage doesnt swing often, so to lose 30-40% of my attacks after an opening Hamstring, it makes each swing more vital.... and then having some of my remaining attacks negated entirely by Create Distance is normally game over for me. Now ontop of that, if they are weilding a 2H weapon, the 500 damage hits get served right back at me too.

there is the odd armor defelction, but nothing for me to properly whine about as is doesnt seem to happen too much against 2H rage.

actually, in regards to armor, i get the impression that it works by taking the armor value off the damage that you would take from an attack. therefore if your attack was going to do less damage than the armor value, it comes up ad deflected.
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 08-18-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Quote Originally Posted by Apoca1ypse View Post
    actually, in regards to armor, i get the impression that it works by taking the armor value off the damage that you would take from an attack. therefore if your attack was going to do less damage than the armor value, it comes up ad deflected.
    In that case i wonder why my 2H rage got hsi attack brushed off by another rage's armor while he did Rampage lol

it can always be rampage without the critical...
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

So ur telling me that some armor with a rating of 20-30 can withstand a hit from a 152 minimum damage wep with rampage completely? sounds weird to me to be honest xD

It does sound logical that it gets calculated with damage done minus the armor but i realy dont see how a rages armor can deflect a strong 2H hit like that

You are assuming a hit that gets absorbed by the armor was a direct hit. Maybe you swung your 2H axe and the leather wearing gladiator side stepped and or spun and your hit was a glancing strike and thus was absorbed or blocked. Have to use your imagination people!