Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: last stand

Basicly for the last skills in the skilltrees, Rage: Last Stand, War: Hamstring, Theatrics: Signature Move

Anyway I don't know, Last Stand is 1 of the few skills that gives wars an even remote chance of winning against monsters like Belgarad xD
    But for when it happens, I know what skill build ill go anyway

Zerotwentyone proves that it is possible to be successful, atleast in the arena without last stand. Last stand can to a certain extent be countered with speed and a lot of hp. Im not sure what i want for revamped last stand, but right now im in favor of a rage only initiative nerfed last stand version.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

I have two Wars without Last Stand in Primus - Zonferat and Murmillo - and both of them fare reasonably well (considering that they have only their gold achievement slots "armed") but also both of them have serious difficulties against gladiators with Last Stand, particularly Wars and Rages with armour-piercing weapons. I'm pretty certain that their success rate would have been even higher with Last Stand. It will indeed be better to make the skill Rage-only but also to tone it down a bit so it doesn't win the fight immediately after it triggers in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by oedi View Post
    Im not sure what i want for revamped last stand, but right now im in favor of a rage only initiative nerfed last stand version.
    I agree, I'd rather it be the + health/stamina and then some type of defensive buff rather then initiative and rage only.

some rages only get off 2-3 hits per fight, and last stand is almost a must for 2 handers....it's not all that powerful cause sometimes it doesn't do crap if your opponent has the initiative...
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

Last stand with 2 handed rages especially snivelers when they fight each other is just weird... in those fights normally who ever attacks first looses as the 1 hit will put the other glad into last stand who will then attack twice taking out the glad who attacked first.

Another thing that I think would be interesting is if the three trees had a passive effect like for each point in rage you gain .1% damage (10% for 100 points), warrior tree could be .1% damage mitigation, theatrics tree .2% more money/kill chance. Something along those lines.

All these Rage skills stack causing stupid damage which has been noticable lately as the Rage guys have started to hit the 7 and 8 and higher skill marks at the higher ends of the skill tree.
    Weapon Skill -- increases damage
    Brute Force -- reduces opponent defense
    Sunder -- lower armor value--resulting in higher damage
    Blood Drunk -- increases damage
    Rampage -- increases damage (about 80%)
    Shock and Awe -- lowers opponent defense
    OverWhelming Presence - increases damage
    Total Carnage - increases damage
    blood drunk- does not increase damage...it increases attack probability... in the END of the fight
    overwhelming presence does not increase damage...it increases attack probability
    and as far as i know total carnage doesn't increase damage...it just make a normal hit a critical hit...it makes a critical hit more likely to be a serious injury, and it makes a serious injury more likely to lead to a kill. I have a lot of rage glads in my stables, and i train in all sorts of skills and rage ( with or without last stand) is in no way the dominant specialty, it's all in the way you build. this whole thread sounds like a few people upset cause their glads are weaker than their opponents. ( no offense to anyone ) I don't hear anyone complaining about wars and their stupid create distance for entire fights, IMO the game is balanced fine. Anyways this thread just ended up as a big argument, and i'm sure we all have better things to do..., like find a way around Oedi!
    Last edited by sevenseas; 09-18-2012 at 03:34 PM.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

>> TUSENOGTO SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    >> DON FLAMIGO SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    TUSENOGTO whips around with her off hand.
    TUSENOGTO looks to cripple her opponent.
    TUSENOGTO tries to fake DON FLAMIGO out with a few twirls of her weapon! (-Feint-)
    A cyclopean wound is opened on DON FLAMIGO's abdomen! (+81 Damage)

>> TUSENOGTO SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 3
    >> DON FLAMIGO SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 4
    TUSENOGTO makes a lightning quick jab with her BLOODSTEEL SLASHER.
    TUSENOGTO looks to seriously damage DON FLAMIGO's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
    Monstrous lunge into the upper arm creates a clean opening...blood spills to the ground in waterfall like fashion! (+129 Damage)

Resisted Can Not Defend Effect!
    DON FLAMIGO has minor cuts and bruises on his body!
    R O U N D 2
    DON FLAMIGO overtakes TUSENOGTO and attempts to carve into her.
    DON FLAMIGO's weapon rips into TUSENOGTO's back inflicting horrific damage! (+797 Damage)

Resisted Must Defend Effect!
    TUSENOGTO has some pretty nasty cuts and bruises on her body!!
    TUSENOGTO moves with uncontrolled energy around the arena.
    TUSENOGTO makes a powerful jab using her BLOODSTEEL SLASHER.
    TUSENOGTO is aiming at DON FLAMIGO's midsection.
    TUSENOGTO tries to fake DON FLAMIGO out with a few twirls of her weapon! (-Feint-)
    Whoosh...DON FLAMIGO is almost cut in two! (+184 Damage)

Resisted Stun Effect!
    TUSENOGTO moves furiously trying to gain the advantage.
    TUSENOGTO whips around with her off hand.
    TUSENOGTO's razor sharp SOUL-FORGED LONG SWORD flashes toward DON FLAMIGO with deadly accuracy.
    Slash to DON FLAMIGO's sternum opens a sucking chest wound! (+113 Damage)

DON FLAMIGO is bleeding from various wounds on his body!!
    TUSENOGTO attacks DON FLAMIGO and tries to cut him.
    TUSENOGTO connects with her BLOODSTEEL SLASHER causing freakish damage! (+148 Damage)
    >> DON FLAMIGO SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 2
    TUSENOGTO takes a step back to catch a quick breather.
    DON FLAMIGO can't take much more of this beating!!!
    DON FLAMIGO lets forth the roar of a lion and prepares to leave it all on the sands! (-Last Stand-)
    DON FLAMIGO speeds uncontrollably around TUSENOGTO.
    DON FLAMIGO seeks to hurt his adversary with his DARKSTEEL FLAMBERGE.
    DON FLAMIGO looks to blind TUSENOGTO with one of his signature moves! (-Signature Move: Blind-)
    DON FLAMIGO jabs a finger in TUSENOGTO's eye!
    DON FLAMIGO moves with uncontrolled energy around the arena.
    DON FLAMIGO uses his DARKSTEEL FLAMBERGE to lash out with deadly force.
    DON FLAMIGO looks to seriously damage TUSENOGTO's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
    The blow to TUSENOGTO's back lands with towering force! (+757 Damage)

TUSENOGTO drops her weapon as the pain from the hit streaks through her body!
    >> DON FLAMIGO SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 4
    TUSENOGTO is pleading with the Enforcer to spare her life!!!
    TUSENOGTO lets forth the roar of a lion and prepares to leave it all on the sands! (-Last Stand-)
    R O U N D 3
    TUSENOGTO's wounds continue to bleed!!!
    DON FLAMIGO is becoming noticeably weaker from blood loss!!!
    DON FLAMIGO charges furiously around TUSENOGTO.
    DON FLAMIGO strikes at TUSENOGTO and looks to slash her.
    DON FLAMIGO
    TUSENOGTO
    230/821
    230/821
    0/1567
    0/1567
    71/87
    71/87
    54/55
    54/55
    Bleeding
    Attack Power
    Bleeding
    Blinded

DON FLAMIGO looks to seriously damage TUSENOGTO's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)
    Bloody slash to TUSENOGTO's side exposes several useful intestines! (+792 Damage)

TUSENOGTO begs and pleads that her life be spared, and in a moment of weakness, DON FLAMIGO allows it!
    The crowd stomps their feet and claps their hands as the victor leaves the arena!
    The fight lasted 31 seconds!

This happens all of the time too.

overwhelming presence does not increase damage...it increases attack probability
    This is something i tested several months ago and I can tell you it does increase damage, my test was taking a two handed rage and changing the gear he had to take his presence from 65 to 133 with him having 10 in Overwhelming Presence. This increased his damage by 200-500 per hit.

CURVEBALL bounces hastily about.
    CURVEBALL's muscles flex as he lashes out with his menacing DREAMWOOD BATTLE AXE.
    Wicked slash slices open RAGNAROEK's chest...heart and lungs pureed, sickening! (+192 Damage)
    CURVEBALL springs hastily back and forth.
    CURVEBALL decides to attack with the other hand.
    CURVEBALL brutally lashes out with his DREAMWOOD BATTLE AXE leaving the crowd in awe.
    CURVEBALL connects with his DREAMWOOD BATTLE AXE inflicting massive injuries! (+180 Damage)
    RAGNAROEK glances at some of the larger wounds on his body!!
    CURVEBALL springs quickly around RAGNAROEK.
    CURVEBALL's muscles flex as he ferociously lashes out with his DREAMWOOD BATTLE AXE.
    CURVEBALL is aiming at RAGNAROEK's midsection.
    CURVEBALL looks to blind RAGNAROEK with one of his signature moves! (-Signature Move: Blind-)
    CURVEBALL jabs a finger in RAGNAROEK's eye!
    R O U N D 2
    RAGNAROEK yells in frustration as he looks for an opening to stand!
    RAGNAROEK is no longer affected by Signature Move
    RAGNAROEK readies a strike from the ground.
    RAGNAROEK brings his EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER crashing down onto CURVEBALL.
    CURVEBALL kicks RAGNAROEK in the chest knocking him out of striking range! (-Create Distance-)
    CURVEBALL springs hurriedly about.
    CURVEBALL makes an off handed attack.
    CURVEBALL drives towards RAGNAROEK and seeks to cleave him.
    Cruel slash to the foot goes through flesh and bone like a hot knife through butter! (+282 Damage)

RAGNAROEK's leg may always be in pain!!! *** Serious Injury ***
    RAGNAROEK takes a step back to catch a quick breather.
    RAGNAROEK appears very concerned with his physical state!!!
    RAGNAROEK lets forth the roar of a lion and prepares to leave it all on the sands! (-Last Stand-)
    RAGNAROEK attempts to strike from the ground.
    RAGNAROEK attempts to crush his adversary.
    The blow to CURVEBALL's ribs lands with monstrous force! (+273 Damage)

Blood pours from CURVEBALL's battle wounds!!
    RAGNAROEK moves around on the ground looking for an opening to strike.
    RAGNAROEK swings his EPIC SLEDGE HAMMER toward CURVEBALL with uncanny speed.
    The blow to CURVEBALL's chest lands with monstrous force! (+255 Damage)

CURVEBALL gets knocked off balance by the strike and falls to the ground!
    CURVEBALL attempts to strike from the ground.
    CURVEBALL's DREAMWOOD BATTLE AXE brutally slices toward his opponent.
    CURVEBALL's attack lands on RAGNAROEK's groin causing gigantic damage! (+176 Damage)
    >> RAGNAROEK SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 2
    CURVEBALL attempts to strike from the ground.
    CURVEBALL charges RAGNAROEK, his DREAMWOOD BATTLE AXE moving with thunderous power.
    CURVEBALL lands a strike on RAGNAROEK's collarbone creating beastly injuries! (+158 Damage)

Resisted Stun Effect!
    CURVEBALL readies a strike from the ground.
    CURVEBALL tries to maim RAGNAROEK with his DREAMWOOD BATTLE AXE.
    CURVEBALL connects with his DREAMWOOD BATTLE AXE causing massive wounds! (+151 Damage)

CURVEBALL pauses for a moment to catch his breath.
    RAGNAROEK falls to the ground with tears in his eyes and begs the mighty CURVEBALL to spare his impotent life!
    The roar of the arena can be heard for miles!
    The fight lasted 15 seconds!

the next fight of mine that had a last stand in it.