Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: last stand

Not that your example was the best I've seen, but it is along the lines that I am speaking of.

Last Stand is doing a lot more then just a boost health and endurance to a nearly dead Rage.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

Quote Originally Posted by Team Kaos View Post
    Not that your example was the best I've seen, but it is along the lines that I am speaking of.

Last Stand is doing a lot more then just a boost health and endurance to a nearly dead Rage.
    I couldn't agree more lol xD

All rage managers out there like to disagree, but in my opinion last stand is the best skill in the game. I got atm 2 theatrics with last stand, and its so much fun to beat the ragers at their own game. Narvalo just took out summit, who got almost 600hp more than my guy.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Last stand is HUGE for 2h monstrosities. No all managers of rage gladiators use 2 handers. I think this is a fringe case that is very popular right now.

Id like to resurrect this old thread. This was the big issue a litte more than 1 year ago. Mr. Kaos and I on one side and all the rage managers on the other side. Kaos and I agreed in the power of last stand but disagreed on the medicine. I trained my theatrics in last stand and took the entire arena by surprise.
    I still think last stand is the most powerful skill in the game, and the only real counter for last stand is last stand. But since then ive learned more, and its quite possible to manage successful gladiators in both theatrics and war specialities without last stand.
    I actually belived that last stand would get nerfed, and i started training gladiators for what i expected would be the new environment. Zerotewntyone, and zeroseventeen as examples of pure war gladiators. Nineeightyone and Ravnoal as examples of theatrics with no last stand.
    As of today I`m undecided of what i want for last stand, when the new skills are introduced, but whatever happens im prepared.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Ive also already decided on the skills Laharl, Shikii and Yuki Onna are going to get when the new skill build gets released and they will probably run jsut fine using those skills aswell but untill that time comes im letting them keep their last stand skill/ sig move skills

Asatsuo and Yukimaru aren't getting Last Stand though~

The skills is overly used which is hardly surprising because it's overpowered. In the vast number of cases a gladiator with Last Stand will beat one without - provided that they're relatively equal otherwise, people are aware of this and the Last Stand fighters in Primus are piling up, making the fights very similar and boring (in the most ridiculous scenarios a two-handed Rage on the ground, with Hamstring in effect on him/her, will strike 3-4 times in a row when Last Stand triggers...). My own gladiators who don't have it owе about half of their losses to that skill alone and I'm not even considering a new build without it. I too expected it to be nerfed a few months ago but this didn't happen and I'm not sure if it will happen at all.

IMO last stand is even more potent when not used by rage glads as it's giving a huge boost to gladiators that are inherently more versatile. the initiative reset/tweek when it triggers for a speed theatrics for example eats my rage glads alive, or lets a heavily armored war glad get in some extra bashy and HP.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

i dont see any glads with last stand having a 80% w/l ratio....every style has its super move...it's just easy and cheesy for rage, but i am almost a totaly rage manager so maybe you're right about the whole rage bias thing. But either way...try as i will and try as i might i cant touch the top 10 glads with or without last stand
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

I still hope that in the new skill trees last stand becomes rage only. Its the only defensive ability that rages have if you think about it but it gets countered by everyone having it so rages really got the short end of the stick by it not being a rage only skill. I'd really like to see it moved to being the last skill in the rage tree.