Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going grey

Going grey

the subjects sold today most of their gear, just keeping a few weapons and the items for their oldest gladiator Subjecttwo. This team will no longer upgrade their armor or weapons, but instead spend all their thropies on stable upgrades and achievements.
    Think this has some promise for a low budget stable.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Green stuff is cheap to buy and maintain. Just say out of the chamber. I REALLY would like some of the Dr and armory upgrades.

It can be done. I run Bankrupt and I have never used that mysterious alchemy Pay-Pal to buy any trophies and I never will. All of mine were earned the hard way. It just takes a long time to save up the trophies to afford equipment or upgrades. I only recently was able to expand to 5 warriors. Being very careful with my expenses, waiting for sales, and using only 2 handed weapons to save a slot has paid off.

Aspiring Master
    Yea going green might be a good idea.

But still i understand Oedi. Cost of good (blue and purple) weapon are ridicoukous as u lvl . Also repair cost are RIDICOULOUS in that game. Way too high!

It should realy be reduce seriously.
    Lonely at the top but the view is great.

Cordialy

Dehodem

I throw some cash Nate's way from time to time. Support your indy developers, I say. About 50% of Abominations's gear plus the stable slots were all cash buys. In the same breath, I am dirt broke now, so greens are in my future for a while.

i neglect most of my glads, upgrading their stuff every 5-10 levels. only rarg and karn have goodies. had to train up a theatrics glad with crowd pleaser just to maintain the costs of karns purples, rargs hand-me-downs and the plethora of injuries they pick up.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I haven't yet spent a single trophy on any gladiator's weapon or armour. I will purchase one purple weapon when a glad gets a legend rank. And that's it. Till now I upgraded vault and barracks. Now going for next stable upgrade.

I'm with Arkham on this one, support your indy developers, especially if it's a game you play every day and enjoy! Without support from the players free to play games die or at the very least further development stops, so think about that next time you decide to pat yourself on the back for not buying any trophies.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

It's not about buying or not buying trophies, it's about whether it is wise to invest them on gladiators or on stable upgrades; at least in early stages.
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 07-09-2011 at 01:02 PM.

that was my point to. Ive bought thropies to all my stables. Ive tried to make this point in other posts as well. I dont mind paying for what i consider administration cost, but i dont like paying for direct fight benefits. What i tried to say with this post was that a stable might get more out of the trophies spent on other stuff than the regular weapon/armor upgrades.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.