Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fresh Meat

I want to see female gladiators! YEAH!

Female gladiators! Nearly every MMO game I've played or even heard of have female and male options. There don't have to be penalties or bonuses or even any change in programming. It would be purely aesthetic. But this game could use some more eye candy.

I know this game is a business and you're in it to make money. If you want to see more traffic and more player retention then female gladiators is the way to go. Thanks for reading and good luck!
    Last edited by Dogfight; 05-13-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Training Dummy
    mm... i think you assuming that Nate is here just for money is a bit offensive. and what aesthetics are you talking about? in this game you can only see your armour and faceless men being slashed to bits.

- This game is way better than browser games of its category. Nate deserves more than what he may be getting presently.
    - We really don't need female gladiators for asthetic point of view. But yes, strategically it may make sense. For example, female gladiators may have strength/ size attribute upgradable to maximum 8 points instead of 10 while agility/ presense upgradable to maximum 12 points. This may just bring more variety to the game.
    - Female players, however little in number, will no doubt welcome the change if they get to create female gladiators. You bet.

Overall, I support the idea.

Nate had spoken of adding female gladiators, and introducing exclusive styles associated with them in the future in an old post.

you just want to sunder their armor and then show off your signature move dont you
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Stable Servant
    you just wanna brandish your long spear and show off your lunge dont you

Training Dummy
    you just want to sweep her onto the ground rain death from above and hear her war cry don't you?

Stable Servant
    You just want to get a second wind after your finishing blow don't you?

I just wanna admire her skill and bravery, and request the emperor to free her from slavery

Training Dummy
    Hmm I don't think this post will help attract female players to the game (at least generally speaking). But to make some short comments;

Add possibility to make you’re gladiator female - yes that would be sweet but not necessary since I the owner might well be female (and why would I not want a stable full of male gladiators to do my biddings (slaves :P)). Jokes aside – it would have been different if you the player were supposed to take the role as the gladiator then excluding the possibility of female characters could lower their interest in the game (at least generally speaking :P).

Add different stats for male and female? Well I think it’s worth considering what that might imply and if it worth it. First of the “world of pit of war” is not yet well developed (in the sense a huge wiki on the history and culture of the world). For example I have seen posts about other races and such but nothing official yet. So in this world there might be cultural differences between men and women (at least among some races If there are different ones) and well that implies just that (in this fantasy world female humans have learned different fighting styles from male humans). But saying men are stronger that females or females are prettier that’s not much more than promotion of gender bias (unless one also can show a reason to believe that male humans are… and I don’t think games or game creators should involve them self in such businesses :P). Off cause one could say “in this fantasy world there are differences…” but that just pushes the problem to another level. And even though (I guess) most people won’t care (or maybe more accurately won’t be aware), some – such as me – do. And I’m generally not lured to play such games – so as a way to attract female players I’ll say nay rather it might work the opposite.

And sorry for that rant – I have been socially challenged since I took “to many” courses in Gender studies :P