Thread: Flurry of Steel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well after first hand experience with "flurry of steel", lets see what we got.
    That skill, like some smart guys before me have written, gives you some bonus attacks and prevents any attack and defensive skills during the flurry. Faster weapons have mostly 2 extra attacks after the trigger. Slower weapons only 1 bonus attack. All bonus attacks are counted with 8-10 activity, lower activity results in less or even ZERO bonus attacks.
    Bonus attacks dont count toward your attack limit each round, they are literally bonus attacks (they can trigger skills) on top of your normal ones.

It kinda sounds very promising.

-Pros
    -free attacks without any way to interfere (besides armor deflection, never saw a bonus attack miss yet) ! Update ! bonus attacks can miss !
    -very good as a pseudo 2h rage 1shot kill build with a heavy weapon
    -very good in dumping all your skill in one go without the infamous unpredictable skill overload (why predict a certain skill, if you just trigger all of them in one go :O )

-Cons
    -if "flurry of steel" misses or is somehow blocked/parried/dodged.....you look kinda stupid
    -only useful as a first attack/second attack in the round
    -weak damage without any additional triggered skills
    -due to the infamous unpredictable skill overload, hard to always trigger it first

My guess for a successful 0/100/0 slayer build

2h hail mary build; "first strike" trigger into "flurry of steel" --> "eviscerate"
    1h max speed chaos build; you dont really need defensive skills if you cripple your opponent with every negative effect the game has to offer (maybe stack some "crit" armor skill)
    2h agi build; "first strike" trigger into "flurry of steel" --> "eviscerate" --> "weak spot"

I will test the 2h agi build with selected skills.
    You dont have to use 4 activated skills if you just dont take them :O , just skill "pole arms", "2h weapons" and maybe a third weapon skill and avoid weaker skills. I know some will cough at this, but I did it more than one time and never had any issues with performance. The goal is to have only "eviscerate", "weak spot", "flurry of steel" and "sweep" for a bit of random luck to stall the fight until flurry is up again.

All data is a rough observation and may be not 100% accurate, feel free to crush my hopes with real data
    Last edited by Aphexii; 12-29-2020 at 09:10 AM.