Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dont remind me of "Cheating Bastard".... it is somehow unfair to have both health and endurance regen every turn. Maybe a bit less of of both or a straigth health or endurance split. Even dishing out more damage than the trixsters max health isn't enough to bury them its not overpowered, just needs a little tweak

Am i the only one who uses D&D in bloodgods? It is pretty good so far.

The only safe way to switch strageties is entangle, you can go out of defense into offense after the net hits or the other way around. That is the the safest way to switch styles in my expierence, not the best way but overall solid. (works with whips and "opp. on the ground" trigger)
    Stil no good switching system for non Entangle shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphexii View Post
    Am i the only one who uses D&D in bloodgods? It is pretty good so far.
    Try to get him in top 10. If you succeed without the matching mechanism picking only easy opponents for you (that happens from time to time) and with a real help from that skill - because you can win 10 fights without getting knocked down even once, that just makes the gladiator good, not the skill - then I'd be really surprised.

Slave
    So I've been following this thread for the past month with the intent of providing some insight on my Shadow Form glad Hongi Hika. I started a response post a couple of weeks ago, but since I had just completed reallocating some skill points I want to wait until the end of the BG season and analyze the results before posting. Good thing I held off, because a couple weeks ago I was of the opinion we were unlikely to see any purely offensive shadow forms glads crack the top 10 slots of BG, and right now I would be eating those words. HH finished 7th overall and as the #1 shadow glad, and I assure you that there is likely no one as surprised as me.

Hongi Hika is a purely offensive, full level 55 orange gear (accept for off hand weapon, it's level 54 because I haven't found a level 55 I like yet), exotic weapon, shadow form glad. I can also confirm resoundingly that yes, shadow form definitely been stealth upgraded recently. HH is my first BG glad and while he's performed well (I currently consider his final ranking a statistical outlier), I had always kind of seen him as the red headed stepchild of my stable since he didn't confirm to the more common and highly successful spec touch/entangle/chill aura Shadow glad build. I had even considered retiring him before this season because I felt he had pretty much reached his ceiling. But before any newbies rush off to build a Shadow Form glad here are some thoughts to consider:

-I never see any sexy purple armor deflect text, even historically

-Shadow Form is frustratingly complicated, as aphexii and kreegan have both noted the main issue with shadow form is it's effectiveness is completely dependent upon an opponents armor, something that in BG you have no control over

-though recently improved, it's a flawed build strategy, as individual players our primary goal is to control as many variables as possible to ultimately effect the outcome of our matchups, and to essentially give away that control to a "niche" top skill isn't a solid build strategy

While I have seen a notable increase in average hit damage across the board regardless of class the truth is that the shadow form is absolutely a "niche" build. I do believe that HH has now hit his ceiling, and for that very reason. I will continue to experiment with him, but from an overall perspective the spectral touch/entangle/chilling aura build is a much more effective build strategy because of it's universal effectiveness.