Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    but today when i read the match against Mensa I lost all hope for a pure war to ever beat a trixter with cheating bastard.
    That's not quite true, Toros occasionally comes on top in such fights (see today's match vs. Mensa for example). Tanks with shields are extremely unlikely to beat CB Trixters, two-handers have major problems too, I assume Wars with A&M will have serious difficulties as well but they are next to nonexistent.

I could continue on about how I didn't say down and dangerous was an amazing skill - just that it is more viable now than before.
    Why? What makes it more viable than before? This skill serves only one purpose, to help the War fight better when knocked down. It makes absolutely no sense to pick it if the knockdowns have not increased considerably because of the Trixters - and they haven't. If your point is that some manager will desperately pick random builds just to try to counter the new opponents, no matter if these builds actually make sense - then I certainly don't get the logic behind it, if there is any.

400+ regen in a round? That sounds crazy. Though I suppose it's kinda like the reverse version of the Slayer's Blood Bath skill. Blood Bath can do between 250 - 400 bleed in a single hit depending on the opponent's tactics and armor. So 250-400 regen in a round for trixters is believable I guess...

As for the Down and Dangerous skill - I am far from a proponent of the skill myself so I get all the arguments against it. The reason it is more viable now is that wars have to be more capable offensively with Trixters around. From my limited work with the skill, Down and Dangerous gives some offensive boosts in addition to the knockdown resistance. It's still not as useful as Armored Fortresses defensive boost which amounts to more wins in general. But now that trixters are allowing the top tier of blood gods to have more variety of builds, it makes builds like down and dangerous wars more viable...not through any merit of their own but simply because the counter builds to the down and dangerous wars are now being suppressed by the trixters. Anyway, I'm done talking about down and dangerous because I also don't like the skill. I was just using it as an example of a larger point I was making that is now lost in wind.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Perhaps, regeneration rate depends on condition of the Trixter, on round number and so on.
    Perhaps, regeneration rate is shared between Health and Endurance and a Cheater regenerate more Health and less Endurance if he need it. And vise versa.

Down and Dangerous.
    D&D choice means losing Armoured Fortress. But Rages, speed-Theatrics and other initiative-oriented fighters are still here...
    So, even if D&D is fine vs Trixters (this is questionable for me), a War with D&D may have no chance to move into BG-top in order to meet these Trixters...

We have Trixters in the BG-top, yes. But there is still no change of the BG-environment, in general...

// And i found the screenshot:
    // 1198-847+59=410.
    Last edited by weaw; 02-14-2017 at 11:26 PM.

The reason it is more viable now is that wars have to be more capable offensively with Trixters around. From my limited work with the skill, Down and Dangerous gives some offensive boosts in addition to the knockdown resistance.
    It doesn't give any offensive boost, nor it protects against knockdows (why would it, the point of the skill is to keep the gladiator's performance decent when he's on the ground). Even if it did, it still requires a knockdown to activate which is not something under your control. And it would be very strange to have offensive bonuses while at the same time the skill "helps to seize the opportunity and stand up more easily", effectively cancelling such bonuses. You wouldn't train a gladiator with that skill, would you? If not, let's just drop this, it's pointless.

Perhaps, War tree could be supplemented by a skill which drop both of gladiators down.
    But anyway it would be boring, without activates...

Looks like Nate heard your cries - if I'm not mistaken the trixters "dirty tricks" used to last 2 rounds right? - Now it only lasts the same round. Nerfed!
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    Looks like Nate heard your cries - if I'm not mistaken the trixters "dirty tricks" used to last 2 rounds right? - Now it only lasts the same round. Nerfed!
    Looks like cheating bastard took a hit too, not seeing 500+ a round now when low life closer to 300 max now.

All this right after i geared out Lahir in 55 gear too.
    Last edited by Lordsofthepit; 02-26-2017 at 09:20 AM.

I'm still seeing 2 round Dirty Tricks and Trixters gaining more than 500 at the start of rounds.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    I'm still seeing 2 round Dirty Tricks and Trixters gaining more than 500 at the start of rounds.
    Have you checked out Toros vs. Lahir twice today? Dirty tricks only lasts til the end of the round it triggers. And with ~295 bleed Lahir doesn't seem to be gaining any health towards the end of the fights.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

yup on the fights that just ran Dirty Tricks is only lasting 1 round. Heal amount for cheating bastard was under 200 points on the round before Lahir went down to:

MURAKAMI moves with unbridled energy.
    MURAKAMI attacks like a cyclone.
    MURAKAMI makes a vicious attack! (-Eviscerate-)
    MURAKAMI's ANCIENT SWORD OF THE BLOOD GODS tastes victory and inflicts towering wounds on LAHIR's hand! (+1140 Damage)

Have 1 handed eviscerates always hit for that much on a non-injury? Don't think i've seen that maybe they got a buff.

3 Straight losses for Lahir since the changes after spending a good amount of money to upgrade his gear, feels like a total waste of cash now. Wont be doing that again.