but today when i read the match against Mensa I lost all hope for a pure war to ever beat a trixter with cheating bastard.
That's not quite true, Toros occasionally comes on top in such fights (see today's match vs. Mensa for example). Tanks with shields are extremely unlikely to beat CB Trixters, two-handers have major problems too, I assume Wars with A&M will have serious difficulties as well but they are next to nonexistent.

I could continue on about how I didn't say down and dangerous was an amazing skill - just that it is more viable now than before.
Why? What makes it more viable than before? This skill serves only one purpose, to help the War fight better when knocked down. It makes absolutely no sense to pick it if the knockdowns have not increased considerably because of the Trixters - and they haven't. If your point is that some manager will desperately pick random builds just to try to counter the new opponents, no matter if these builds actually make sense - then I certainly don't get the logic behind it, if there is any.