Idea for a new mini-tournament

What do you think about having a tournament where we fight against a team of gladiators that are managed by Nate? That would give Nate a chance to play this game that he's put so much time into creating. I'd enjoy the challenge of seeing if we can devise strategies that could beat glads that Nate actively manages during the rounds of the tournament. Even if he might have some advantages due to his knowledge of the game code, there's a lot of luck and strategy involved that can't be easily anticipated.

My main thought is I imagine Nate created this game because he likes playing this genre so much himself. So it is a shame that he doesn't play.

I for one have no problem with him running a team for a special tournament (or even in the game for that matter). Let's see if his knowledge actually translates into effective gladiator management.

Maybe a 2 week long 2 fight per day tournament. Top 23 glads plus Nate's 5 get in. Each glad fights each glad once. Best record at the end wins.

To make it fair, perhaps we could allow Nate a team of five level 55 glads that he can create using up to 100 random glad rollups (equivalent to the old HOL glads before the boost). He can outfit them with any gear using 25 blacksmith refreshes on each glad.

Anyone else want to try this? Or have better ideas how to get Nate involved in playing this game with us?
    Adoede | Tevrosin

That sounds really intriguing. But all the insider knowledge of the game can't help you vs really bad match ups and the glorious 3-5 KO wins in a row. Maybe he could make a special tournament where we are able to fight vs all kinds of builds of his own, all buffed up and immun to KO's, impossible to beat more like a good opportunity to test your own strategies and builds. and some rewards for really good strategies based on the fight as a whole and not the Win/Lose result at the end ( win/lose results a more prone to pure luck) i ones ko'ed 4 top glads in BG with my crappy guy because i got super lucky. the result doesnt show the sheer skill of those glads, just my 4 cheap lucky wins ;D

this could also help new stable masters to hone there skills and get a general direction of there ideas without spending months in BG to gear up. Based on the gold reward you could than tell whether your glad is heading in the right direction or not. maybe a day auto repair at the end of the tournament as a reward for truely good builds.

I'm totally in for the mighty "Nate Challange" in which ever form it might be.

Every tournament means equal competition.
    I think, Adoede, You're right, and Nate have fun playing the game which he developed.
    But he never be a pure player. Because he is the developer.
    Too much knowledges for Nate. If You wish.

There's a sense to do a competition for worst strategy, as i see. It will be helpful for the game.
    But i don't see how to reward the winners. ;)

Happy New Year, by the way : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uo0JAUWijM