Challange me in the Name of science!!

Hi guys

I need some help with a decision about my tank War.

Im working on a full tank War build, basicly a huge meatshield that solely relies on his armor value. My first try was a spite (non hol), reached BG and stuck in the ranks from 30~40 for some months. Worked exactly how i expected but with very pur STR, medium SIZE and STAM.
    After her retirement i followed up with a hol slave, much better STR,STAM,SIZE and she is currently in Primus fighting for the top 10 spot. She is a Trug because i thought bleed would be the only thing to worry about.

Both had/have full fullplate set and under 50% encumb. Tower shields and medium weight weapon.mostly tank strategy with a bit parry here and there vs theatrics.

Now im getting screwed over by this 1~4 dmg hits from bloodbath or spectral touches. Basicly she fails to deflect propperly.
    My feeling is that the spite +Def bonus would help her to avoid this 1~4 dmg hits with nasty effects.

She is reaching the 1000 fights (40 fights off) so im worried if i should retire her or go for BG and die to this mighty "1dmg nasty effect" hits.
    It is no cheap attempt to boost her retirement, more a test about this tiny racial difference between Trug / Spite

Long Story short, could someone challange "Barbra Streisan" in the Primus bracket so i have more input to work with, she is on tank only, so no surprice burst dmg traps there i dont expect to nullify 2H rage hits but everything that is 1H should be deflected somewhat.

The goal is a tank war with full fullplate set and 1000 bonus armor rank. Maybe reaching 10~20 BG rank if all goes very well.

You'll have issues against Slayers and endurance-draining Shadows no matter what you do with your tank. Slayers need to get their Blood Bath through just once before their endurance hits 50% or so and that's it - and it triggers every 3 rounds so your tank will bleed much more often than not. Shadows are somewhat easier to handle but, again, one or two failed deflections will beat you. Besides, I'm getting the impression that Nate somehow nerfed the tanks in general with one of his stealth updates not that long ago.

It seems "Barbra Streisan" is lacking some def from spite race and with this scary concept breaking impression from Kreegan im guessing its a bad time for pure tank wars...
    Maybe after the first trixster wave is sattled down there is a need for this kind of glad.

Time to visit the deranged "Down and Dangerous" cousin of the War family

Pure tanks are still viable, if you want to give that concept a try go for it. Much of the fun of this game is experimenting. If your build doesn't work out like you thought, try something different. What Kreegan says about Slayers and endurance draining shadows is true though, they'll always be tough to deal with but not impossible. One thing to note is there aren't very many slayers and shadows running around the arena compared to the other specialties so you won't bump into them that often.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

I belief that a tank is viable and much fun to work with. need just change the race back to a spite and with all the new buffed slaves, it is easier to retire and grab some more size and stam, than a costly race change.

Thanks for the feedback guys