Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solving the "Obselete Gladiator"-problem.

The issue:
    With the last update the entire game is set to the standards of the new batch of slaves, rendering ALL glads, bought before that point obselete:
    Not only will the old, once dominant, glads not stand a chance against the new batch, they've become useless in any other part of the game as well: My (HOL!!!) gladiators all of a sudden don't stand a glimmer of a chance in either the Gauntlet or Conquest where they did perfectly fine before. Since these two are ESSENTIAL to keeping the glads up-to-snuff this means they're renderred useless by the update.
    I invested a lot of money in them and since I just got around to having my stable a full HOL-batch, I have no Spare HOL-slots left.
    Also: The Old HOL-glads I have are still far from being able to retire.
    We did NOT get any prior warning about this deliberate destruction of investments...

Suggested solution: (Temporarely) Drop the requirements to retire these old HOL-glads, so we can update our stables to the new standards and retain at least a modicum of our investments.
    The Hohouse (where I spend my money...) and The Carnival (Where I keep my limp-wristed assclowns.)

Got a better idea. Gladiators having reached a certain "veteran" threshold, say 2000+ fights, to gain access to an item which improves their attributes in some way. This can finally put these 4 little square slots to use. Additional item of that kind can be rewarded for each 500 or so extra fights. This will keep the old dogs in the game for quite some time even if Nate decides to introduce new super-slaves every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    This can finally put these 4 little square slots to use. Additional item of that kind can be rewarded for each 500 or so extra fights.
    It will give another gap between young and old...
    The only wrong thing with these new slaves is the thing: The game movements like this must be announced before it happens. If we need about 3 months to move a slave into 55, these changes must be announced 3 months ago.
    There are players who bought a slaves just one day before the change. And ... What they must to do today?
    It's just a lack of respect for players. Lack of respect for humans. It's bad. It was a mistake.

But. Nothing more.

// Sixth strategy row for veterans!

Blood Gods is essentially closed for new non-HoL gladiators already, even exiting Primus with a "normal" gladiator is very tough nowadays. The addition of the levels beyond 50 + the legendary gear made the issue with the new guys being unable to compete in the higher brackets redundant - now this is like that by design so unless Nate changes something drastically, nothing but high-tier premium slaves will be able to compete in the upper brackets. That said I don't see why the "veterans" should not gain access to some extra boost. It can come with some sort of a disadvantage, like making the respective gladiator bound to the arena for certain time after you apply the boost in question so you could not sell or retire him/her.

I disagree. Thunder Lips is one of the oldest glads in the game, she's a non-HoL and her base stats are all in the 60s with a couple of high 50s. She probably cost somewhere in the 800 range. Terrible by any standard yet she consistently performs competitively in Blood Gods, usually winning around 55%-65% of her fights. She flirts with the top 10 from time to time and has placed within it a number of times. She'll likely never be #1 but she's still fun to manage and competitive and anything but "obsolete". I understand for some that won't be enough, for those who are interested in just having fun and being competitive, focus your energy more on your build and strategy and you'll be good.
    Last edited by Dainoji; 11-18-2016 at 11:54 AM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

That's why I said "new" non-HoLs, I know that this relic is still in Blood Gods. She got there before all the updates mentioned above, try to bring a basic slave there and make it work now.

That said I don't see why the "veterans" should not gain access to some extra boost.
    Kreegan. I'm agree that the "veterans" are MUST TO HAVE some boost. But. Not a boost with additional equipment slots.
    Because, You can imagine this situation easy, one year later in the BG will be only "new"-HOL gladiators. Including "new-veterans". And how we could pass then through them into first half of BG (for example) if they are using additional (2-4) equipment slots? It's a hell (Or it just looks like that?)

My vote for boost for "Veterans". But my vote for flexibility for "Veterans". Additional strategy slot. Additional style, perhaps. But not a direct boost of stats via equipement slots.

// Only real Veterans are knows how to use strategy or style. So. It's looks like real boost for Veterans. Without quotes.
    Last edited by weaw; 11-20-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Extra strategy line could be much more imbalanced than some stat boost and will not affect all gladiators equally. Rages very rarely use more than 3 strategies (especially the purely offensive ones), from what I see Slayers aren't very different so they won't benefit from additional strategy options that much. The issue is with the current coterie of Mk 1 HoLs which remained in Blood Gods and are not on a par with the incoming wave of Mk 2 HoLs, globally all new arrivals to Blood Gods are doomed to lose quite often until they get fully equipped and it's been like that for a long time.

Rages very rarely use more than 3 strategies (especially the purely offensive ones), from what I see Slayers aren't very different so they won't benefit from additional strategy options that much.
    Ok.
    Honestly, if some class don't need a strategy row, what is it, that class? (I have an answer, but i'll keep it in my ... head)

You don't use Rages. I don't use Rages. Slayers. Why? // Though both of us are trying these classes.

Perhaps, because its too dumb. Sorry me. There's no movement with strategy, except 2-3 rows, yes. To be pure honestly, there is no movement out of 1-2 row of strategy.

So. If it's true, for what You're fighting? Just to give a Rage/Slayer additional permanent buff to be "nice" via rings (or what these slots means...)?

I said: "Let's it be a strategy row! If You don't need it -- Ok. If You like it -- Ok." It's Ok. In my opinion.
    Last edited by weaw; 11-21-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Ultimately none of these is going to be implemented anyway.