Problem with gauntlet as a Shadow

Out of all my glads only the shadows have a huge problem with winning the gauntlet runs.
    I'm talking about nightmare gauntlet, with different shadow builds, all of them had or have reached the top 10 primus spots and were HoL slaves.
    Its not impossible to win some gauntlet runs but only with huge amounts of gold. Had one offensive shadows, one defensive shadow and one aiming derectly at exhausting the opponent.
    All other classes had no problems at all even with blue items... okay sometimes my counter theatric is screwed vs some match ups but its rare.

My impression is that shadows aren't build for teamfights there are only usefull 1vs1?

They straight up die during gaunlet fights... i never seen other glads dying

Have someone a solution on that topic or should i just retier all of them and never ever use a shadow again?

Each specialty has their unique abilities and uses. In areas such as Conquests and The Gauntlet it often requires a good mix of specialties and builds. Keep experimenting with different allies. One thing to note is The Gauntlet will be significantly harder now due to a bug being fixed in the most recent update. If you're having trouble completing it, drop down in difficulty level until you are able to improve your gladiator's build and equipment and find good allies that work well.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Okay did some gauntlet runs now after the sexy update my tank war, who could solo the nightmare gauntlet, now is destroyed even with proper allies.

Thx Nate! now its a better place to run test builds for my strageties

Yes, Aphexii.
    The main problem of Shadows is their defense. There are many posts around here which contains this ... idea.
    And perhaps it is possible to build a good 1vs1 Shadow, but 1vsMany Shadow is much difficult.
    Take a look at Arena->Rankings->Blood Gods->Top 10 Shadows. You will see only 3 gladiators today. They are 1vs1 Shadows.
    And it's an answer. Today. ;)

// By the way, there is a new way today via Vanish skill. But this skill means Your Shadow will lose both Uncanny Dodge and Riposte. Let's see. Perhaps, it will give something. But, in my opinion, it's a way to do good Slayer, not a Shadow. Sadly. But let's see.

Better skip the Shadows altogether until Nate makes them viable, right now they are the weakest class by far. Maybe some of the Trixter skill can help (Keen Eye + Shank sounds like a good combo, in theory) but the pitiful damage mitigation which the Shadows have is a huge disadvantage which is not compensated by anything on the S&M school currently.

Thx for the answers, i tought my build was messed up but it seems you guys are pretty sure about the shadow viability at this point hope the trixster drops to 5000 trophies than i can try a funky hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphexii View Post
    ... hope the trixster drops to 5000 trophies than i can try a funky hybrid.
    Keen Eye + Shank combo more likely a Slayer path with a support of Mystic Markings. There's no Trixters defensives for Shadow, except Vanish. At first look. But, perhaps, some offensives have interesting "defensive" effects. Let's see.
    Last edited by weaw; 11-01-2016 at 10:22 PM.