Okay at that point we have a hand full of shadows in BG's all from different stables. That should be enough different opinions (after the shadow buff, with new HoL shadows) to revive this thread.

I start with my impression: It is right now the most successful variant of a shadow.

#1. Spectral Touch

very good skill, drains about 30% energy and sets the fight to a 11 round timer. Under perfect circumstances round 1, round 6 and round 11, if all three hit there target. Most of the time 2 are enough to drop the opponent. Fast builds will drop after 2, slow builds and trixsters may need 3 to get exhausted. (in conjunction with Entangle and/or Chilling Presence)

#2. Entangle

The best out of the three draining skills in my opinion. It is a huge debuff for the opponent and increases energy used by a significant amount. My guess is a % based increase at each "action".
Additional energy will be drained at the beginning of each round if the opponent fails to break free. Seems its treated just like a additional "action".

In a fight vs Arkal he lost ,each time something happened, 4 energy. After the Entangle he started to lose exactly 13 energy each time, without any strategy change!! in the fight.
Vs Mad Queen, first 2 energy and after Entangle 3 energy, again without strategy changes from her.
Vs Toros, first 7 energy and after Entangle 6 energy. That one is wierd, maybe the armor affects the debuff, again without strategy changes.

#3. Chilling Aura

A good passiv drain, drains mostly small amounts of energy but over the howl fight! Really good vs tanky wars or fast classes that can't hit you. This skill alone drops tanks without any need of Spectral Touch or Entangle if they can't manage to hit you. I guess its effect is increased vs heavy armor users, but no real evidance.

Im sure Kreegan, Weaw and the Eastwind/Eastgate guy (sorry dont know your forum name) have better information based on experimental data and that kind of analytic information. Hope you guys gathered enough data and are willing to share it soon